C&C - My Hero Academia - "My Villain Academia" [9/18]

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Flashback time. That's a messed thing to happen when a quirk manifests, then he just got discarded like that only for All For One and the doctor to scoop him up and wind him up. Those hands are his family's... YIKES. Scary how that is rather similar to both Overhaul and Eri's origin stories, the former being adopted off the streets by the yakuza boss and the latter making her parent vanish by accident.

Sure, two heavy hitter allies that have been laying low this whole time make themselves known. And Ujiko is the one making the Nomus and the one Endeavor killed was one of his High Ends. Plus, a pretty big clue what happened to Daika City a few episodes ago.

Destro made me instantly think of G.I. Joe, lol. So these guys were the big bad before All For One came along? Then lay low building up membership as a secret society. Color me intrigued. Intrigued as in what All For One has planned for them since he's 1000 steps ahead of everyone.

EDIT: Wait, is Ujiko the pediatrician that told Midoriya he had no Quirk? That would track with how he knows so much about Quirks. Even more dark if he leaks his patient list to All for One so he hand picked what Quirks he wanted over the years.

Last edited:

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
Is this doctor character the one that got the creator in hot water with the Chinese a few years ago?

PicardMan

Staff member
Okay, looks like the League of Villains are the protags of this arc. Interesting idea as they seemed to often be overshadowed by the one off villains like Stain or Overhaul, but here they get to be the main attraction and we learn more of Shigaraki's backstory. Looks like we'll have a villain vs villain battle. This is supposed to be the most hype arc in the season, so let's see if it really lives up to the hype or not.

Light Lucario

Staff member
EDIT: Wait, is Ujiko the pediatrician that told Midoriya he had no Quirk? That would track with how he knows so much about Quirks. Even more dark if he leaks his patient list to All for One so he hand picked what Quirks he wanted over the years.
I'm pretty sure that Ujiko is the same doctor from episode one. They look alike at least. I hadn't thought of how he could have given away his patient list to All For One, but that does sound quite possible, especially when they are willing to experiment on dead students too.

Is this doctor character the one that got the creator in hot water with the Chinese a few years ago?
Yeah, his original name was Maruta Shiga. The term maruta was referring to human victims that were experimented on in Japan's Unit 731 complex during WWII. That would have included plenty of Chinese families and there was a good amount of backlash towards that decision. They did change his name for the volume release, but as far as I know, the manga is still banned in China.

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty good episode. While I should have expected it, it was still disappointing that they didn't include the title changing to My Villain Academia. I always thought that was a cute touch given how much hype there was going for this arc. Ujiko certainly came off pretty creepy. The Nomus they've been using thus far being just his leftovers is a bit unsettling. Most of them have been extremely difficult to defeat, so that makes me wonder what a top grade Nomu would be like or how they could defeat it.

Even though we only got flashes of Shigaraki's backstory, those hands being the remains of his family was quite creepy. I guess it made more sense than just giving him hands randomly, but it just felt so unsettling. Hearing All For One's use of All Might's "I am here" line still stands out so much to me as well. He was the only one willing to help Shigaraki, but we don't know what happened between then and when he first appeared in the series proper. His speech did seem to impress Ujiko well enough to give him a test to really earn his top Nomus.

Fighting against a giant practically nonstop for weeks was pretty brutal, but it didn't seem to phase Shigaraki too much. The first confrontation with the Meta Liberation leader was a bit of a surprise. Having two villain groups going after each other was a different kind of setup for this series, mainly because there isn't a character to root for exactly. Twice arguably has a more noble goal since he wants to save the broker who led him to the League of Villains and gave him a place to belong, but even that is kind of overshadowed by everything else. The Meta Liberation army has more in number, but Shigaraki making use of the giant he was fighting was a pretty smart idea. It would give them a secret weapon against this large group. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
Hey LinusFan303, What did you just said about Kickoff to Christmas on "Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Thread! I know that Kickoff To Christmas will happen this year, I just wait for the Schedule to happen.
Happy 52nd birthday to Vanessa Marshall.
My tweet become banger?? how?

Did a search for Woody Woodpecker this morning, and I found this...

Featured Posts