"World War Hulk" (unconfirmed) News & Discussion Thread

the greenman

I guess it's too late to do any solo Hulk stuff by this point, unless they give She-Hulk her own movie, but probably a lot they could potentially do with Namor...
1/5: Namor really is essentially "the first mutant". They have a lot of playground with him being that, a King, and often a villain. I'm not 100% happy with what they did with Hulk either. However, there are some things they could do.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

1/7: I hate to back track in a thread, but on Hulk & Namor (two original Defenders btw), wasn't it brought up Amy Pascal would try and smooth things out with Universal?

Last edited by a moderator:

the greenman

I've honestly never heard of that :sweat:.
Me neither. I don't put much stock in what she promises.
1/7: No, this was never said by her or Feige. However, seeing how things went well with Spider-Man being a part of the Disney MCU (at least initially), the thought in a lot of people's minds were her being able to work out something with Universal. This is suppositories on my part of course.

4/14: 4:15
Ruffalo in talks with Marvel about appearance in She-Hulk series [and confirms no solo Hulk movies in the works]:

Mod Note: Disney+ has its own thread

the greenman

I think it was brought up before that Universal was on the verge of making a deal on Marvel IP Hulk & Namor. In fact supposedly Marvel has Namor and can't use him as it's complicated.

brodie999

I think it was brought up before that Universal was on the verge of making a deal on Marvel IP Hulk & Namor. In fact supposedly Marvel has Namor and can't use him as it's complicated.

Well, one thing's for sure. Disney/Marvel showed a distinct disinclination toward building up properties for which they didn't didn't have the movie rights, even going so far they'd employ tactics like a landlord trying to drive tenants out of their apartments. After a lot of X-Men characters's deaths in the comics, they came back to life and Namor started appearing again just when Disney got the rights to the X-Men and FF. That wasn't a coincidence. It was the end result of a corporate campaign to drive down the values of those titles so they can make them less appealing to the rights holders, facilitating their ultimate recovery. That's also probably why Namor started appearing in Marvel games again.

I hope Hulk reverts back to Marvel completely for good, resulting in Hulk taking back in his "Incredible Hulk" title and the original comics based on the same name being revived for a new volume.

the greenman

I hope Hulk reverts back to Marvel completely for good, resulting in Hulk taking back in his "Incredible Hulk" title and the original comics based on the same name being revived for a new volume.

Do you mean the comics, or the films? I doubt the films would be allowed to do that being the first was/is owned by Universal. Unless Disney is somehow allowed to if it is purchased or rights revert.

I know Spider-Man has a clause where they (Sony) have to make a film within I think 7 years or so or else it reverts back. Though they still need Marvel (not Disney) to sign off on it. Which is why that whole issue last year was stupid (however that may have changed with that loose-merger under Pascal). Universal doesn't have that problem, which is why they sit on the property.

brodie999

Do you mean the comics, or the films? I doubt the films would be allowed to do that being the first was/is owned by Universal. Unless Disney is somehow allowed to if it is purchased or rights revert.

I know Spider-Man has a clause where they (Sony) have to make a film within I think 7 years or so or else it reverts back. Though they still need Marvel (not Disney) to sign off on it. Which is why that whole issue last year was stupid (however that may have changed with that loose-merger under Pascal). Universal doesn't have that problem, which is why they sit on the property.

I mean the comics. I know people don't listen to WGTC, but this rumour needs to be watched how events play out.

Hulkwummy

I think there's a good chance he'll be making his movie debut within that time frame. He's one of the major characters yet to turn up in the MCU, imo, and Marvel Studios knows it. I would think and hope that with the Fox merger done and dealt with and have a long term deal with Sony about Spider-Man figured out, Disney would turns its sights on Universal and deal with the Hulk and Namor rights once and for all.

While circa 2014, it didn't sound like a solo Namor movie was happening - Feige said they're the only ones that can make a movie but there's still old contracts and entanglements that complicates the process but did later say in 2018 they are still deciding if and when. If they haven't hammered the issue out already, they can still go the route with Hulk and just have him be a recurring character in other movies and/or show up in Disney+ series like you say, in a Fantastic Four movie.

And that stuff about Evans returning is bunk unless he's back in What If season 2, imo.
The sooner Marvel Studios and Disney gets the full rights to Hulk and Namor from Universal, the better, cause been a decade since 2008's The Incredible Hulk was released and there's still no solo Hulk sequel because Universal holds the distribution rights to the Hulk.

the greenman

The sooner Marvel Studios and Disney gets the full rights to Hulk and Namor from Universal, the better, cause been a decade since 2008's The Incredible Hulk was released and there's still no solo Hulk sequel because Universal holds the distribution rights to the Hulk.
3/9: That, and if they keep going Ruffalo will be playing the Maestro anyway. Long grey beard. Also, they might have to start recasting some of the major characters like Betty, Gen. Ross, and even Rick Jones & Samson.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Hulk appearing in Thor Ragnarok, Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame doesn't exactly count as a trilogy for Hulk, he still needs a proper solo Hulk sequel or two.
3/13: That was Feige's words on being a trilogy for Hulk, btw.

EDIT:Apparently Mark Ruffalo And Kevin Feige Have Planned A Special Trilogy For The Hulk

Hulkwummy

I don't agree. It certainly counts in my books.
3/14: Still, Hulk is long over due for a standalone sequel.

5/18: If Universal won't make a solo Hulk sequel, then the full distribution rights should go by to Disney and Marvel Studios.

6/21: I personally would like a solo Hulk movie that takes place after the events of Endgame, because I want to see how Hulk heals his arm, how he goes back to his savage persona, and to see Thaddeus Ross punished for his arrogant ways, between you and me, Ross has done more harm than good for everyone, even the Avengers.

the greenman

The whole world of Hulk is open for me personally. I think the idea of Abomination returning is cool, but will we ever see Leader? How about the Maestro? Don't know, seems like someone has it against Peter David after Ang Lee's Hulk.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Ross has done more harm than good for everyone, even the Avengers.
Tony Stark has created more supervillains than any other character in the MCU.
And then beyond Earth, Thor has gotten the other realms' races either extinct or endangered.
Hulk hasn't even caused this much of a commotion thus far.

Hulkwummy

Tony Stark has created more supervillains than any other character in the MCU.
And then beyond Earth, Thor has gotten the other realms' races either extinct or endangered.
Hulk hasn't even caused this much of a commotion thus far.
What if there were some surviving victims of the Abomination's rampage in Harlem who hold both Hulk and Ross responsible and want to go after them both.

the greenman

Well, the MCU didn't do it justice (no pun intended), but the Avengers were supposed to be pinned for the Battle of New York and Sokovia. I always believed Hulk was included in all that, and as we know they had him spirited away in "Aou". By the time Infinity War then Endgame came and went, we simply didn't have concern about the teams individual struggles. I think that's why Feige is giving us these series, but we still have to wait on Hulk.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts