C&C - Primal - Season One Talkback

Nobodyman

"Thanks for the fire. I don't suppose there's anything you could do about this huge thing on my neck?"

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
She pulls off the Natalie Portman look quite well.
Oh yeah, from V for Vendetta. Totally see that.

I assume at some point a scorpion makes itself known.

Typical man. Aversion to vegetables.

Sooner or later the stock and chains were going to be addressed.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

"Vegetables? No! Only meat in this household!"

"Thanks. Those were chafing like hell."

Gah! She spoke! Actual dialogue!

Seems Mira's a bit further up on the evolutionary ladder.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
AHHHH! DIALOGUE! WE HAVE DIALOGUE!!!

So much for the Gobbledy Gooker.

Hi Mira. Me Spear. She Fang.

AHHHH! MORE DIALOGUE! WE HAVE MORE DIALOGUE!!!
...not in English, of course, but still.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Yeah, sorry Mira, I don't think Spear really does language. He's more of a "Actions speak louder than words" kinda guy.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
So from what I gather, this cult leader kidnapped you and your family/friends/village/collective and put you in bonds.

I pray this doesn't turn into something romantic between her and Spear. Something in the back of my mind is telling me she gets killed.

Nobodyman

So from what I gather, this cult leader kidnapped you and your family/friends/village/collective and put you in bonds.
The age old tale of "Let's kill and/or enslave these group of people, because why not?"

Ugh. Friggin' monkeys.

Nobodyman

A boat? And here I thought we were in the stone age.

And the season ends on a cliffhanger. Good thing the show's been renewed for a second season.

And it looks like we've got an overarching plot now, so...cool.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Boats? This is new.

AHHHH! NOW HE'S TALKING!

Guess now we have a reason to wait for season two.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
You know, going into this episode, I was thinking "Violence aside, this would be an easy show to sell internationally because there would be no need for dubbing." After tonight's episode....that might still be the case? Mira aside, the rest of the language was indecipherable.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Were those ancient Vikings who took Mira's people as slaves? Egyptians? Turks? The drawing Mira did of presumably the slaver's master with the horned head (or a god) and a boat, a sophisticated one to boot. Wow.

Mira did worship the Moon. Ancient Eastern cultures had a moon god like Nanna in Sumerian and Su'en in Akkadian. Knew enough to gather the right vegetables, to cook, to make a bow and arrow, a language, a religion, baiting a wild animal with food. And rather tall and slender frame. Not bulky like Spear and his kind. Some of the earliest surviving written records of slave raiding come from Sumer. The scorpion tattoo on the back of her head - probably the name of the clan who took her people as slaves.

I'm glad the previews really made it look like the episode was just about the ape men. This episode was a shocker through and through.

Very exciting developments then... He spoke! The world of this show just got a whole lot bigger. And of course in the season finale, ha ha.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
I find the existence of mundane iron objects (Mira's shackles) a bigger deal than magic.

Were those ancient Vikings who took Mira's people as slaves? Egyptians? Turks? The drawing Mira did of presumably the slaver's master with the horned head (or a god) and a boat, a sophisticated one to boot. Wow.

Mira did worship the Moon. Ancient Eastern cultures had a moon god like Nanna in Sumerian and Su'en in Akkadian.
My guess Mira is Atlantean and her captors might be Picts.

ShadowBeast

Primal has said it's first word.
It was interesting seeing the differences between caveman and human. I do however hope that Mira isn't going to be a permanent character to the show. I actually enjoy the show without any talking as it has been done fantastically so far, and Mira becoming a new addition would ruin that, even if I don't understand the language she speaks.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I do however hope that Mira isn't going to be a permanent character to the show. I actually enjoy the show without any talking as it has been done fantastically so far, and Mira becoming a new addition would ruin that, even if I don't understand the language she speaks.
I don't think so. They made it rather difficult for her to return again. I mean the level of technology Spear is at... he was amazed by the bow and arrow. There's no way he could build a boat for just himself, much less Fang. And he wouldn't know the first thing about navigation. It's probably more likely they will run into the slavers in a separate skirmish and maybe he'll see the scorpion symbol and remember Mira.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts