C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Five Talkback

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Tonight at 11:00 pm it's the season 5 premiere of Rick and Morty

Season 5 Episode 1: Mort Dinner Rick Andre

Synopsis: Big man comin for dinner, broh. Better check the booze.

In case you missed the trailers here they are:

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Another day, another near-death situation for Rick and Morty.

Nemesis? Pretty sure you got more than one of those, Rick.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
And off we go again.

He landed his grandpa's car and now he has a date.

Nimbus the nemesis.

TMI, Jerry.

It's all go here tonight, isn't it?

Nobodyman

Oh, so not like mafia control, he, like, literally controls the police.

Hey, it's Patrick Star's sister.

Nintendo 69. How has no one else made that joke yet? (that I know of)

Yeah. Really shouldn't have gone through that portal, dog man.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Get N or get out.

I wonder what Summer's up to.

I say the odds of tonight going well for everyone at around...30, 40 percent tops.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Morty being the mortal enemy for one particular family, passed from generation to generation.

Nobodyman

Funny how one kid showing up in your world for a few seconds can cause so much drama.

Damn Morty. Friggin' brutal.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
In the game of interplanetary wine cellars, you win or you die.

That space Rick and Morty have the best seats in the house.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Uggh. Simulations.

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Oh great, now everyone is involved in the wine intergalactic time travel fiasco.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I'm afraid this may affect the possibility of a second date.

Well, you did start out as a love interest.

And they walk into a police orgy.

Nobodyman

Never underestimate Mr. Nimbus.

Alas, Jessica's mind is borked. Is she a Time Lady now?

And Jerry and Beth get their threesome.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Mort Dinner Rick Andre" - Oh hey this is the second episode to actually do something INTERESTING with Jessica as yeah "Rick and Relaxation" showed a more idealized Morty wouldn't need Jessica and here they actually have Jessica go through this time paralysis actually realizing she's an object in someone else's story and just wants to remain friends with Morty and I admit "f** you I'm a time god" is probably the best joke they have ever associated with the character so yeah if this take on Jessica carries over I'm satisfied. I admit the ending of Rick and Mr. Nimbus patching things up right before Summer reveals to have gotten the horn was kind of obvious as it probably would of been better to just not have her around and then only have her show up at the end with the horn though at least her being horrified about Beth and Jerry being more sex positive was funny. And I admit I am glad they are trying different things with Beth and Jerry then just them having couple problems so the idea of them actually talking about potentially having a three way with nimbus and going through with it at the end worked for me. I admit though what sold me on this episode was the idea of the Narnian esque time door with those creatures and their children and wars having all of these encounters throughout ages with Morty especially when Morty got annoyed and just blew a bunch of them up after one side betrayed the other. Props to any show too that goes from Narnia refs to Game of Thrones to Ender's Game to... anyone think what happened with Jess and what the future people attempted to be was like the end of AI? That's what it felt like but yeah that weird time displaced world did work for me. I think I had more laughs at the last premiere but the action here was better and I appreciate the lore drop hearing of Rick's actual wife and having potentially been a friend of Nimbus so yeah good stuff. Think next week will also be good or at the very least explain what happened to Space Beth who yeah wasn't here as I kind of thought both Beths would be raising the kids so if they are going to "write her off" some glad we are at least getting more of a reason for it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Had a feeling Mr. Nimbus and Rick used to be friends because they were both lonely broken men then became enemies. And that Summer would screw it up in the end. Jessica's time-god status sort of reminded me of when Morty was using that crystal to get to the future with Jessica but turned out to be a care home. Wonder if this Jessica will stick around or if the canon will just 'reset' as usual and she'll be back to normal next time she appears.

Nimbus having policeokinesis was hilarious. And peppering in race with the 'are you white?' question.

They keeping teasing us with bits about Diane!

But yeah, loved the generational war that Morty created by accident the most. And they, 'look Morty we were all Blade in that one' in the cold open, lol.

Vampire_King

Banned
Had a feeling Mr. Nimbus and Rick used to be friends because they were both lonely broken men then became enemies. And that Summer would screw it up in the end. Jessica's time-god status sort of reminded me of when Morty was using that crystal to get to the future with Jessica but turned out to be a care home. Wonder if this Jessica will stick around or if the canon will just 'reset' as usual and she'll be back to normal next time she appears.

Nimbus having policeokinesis was hilarious. And peppering in race with the 'are you white?' question.

They keeping teasing us with bits about Diane!

But yeah, loved the generational war that Morty created by accident the most. And they, 'look Morty we were all Blade in that one' in the cold open, lol.

she'll probably be back to Status Quo Jessica next time we see her...i doubt the R&M Crew are done with morty chasing after her

besides i doubt Dan Harmon wants this show to be anything more than A Silly Sci-Fi Comedy where random nonsensical stuff happens

character development and serious moments do happen but usually they don't amount to much

and i expect that to continue with this jessica time god situation

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts