C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Five Talkback

Nobodyman

Rick made a racist comment, so now cancel culture takes action. As in, they're cancelling his life.

Gee Morty, it's almost like hanging out with the committed madman was a bad idea.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Was that a gunshot?

Four and twenty blackbird baked in a DIE.

Nick's such a nice guy. Let's give him a hand.

Rick and Morty not together a hundred years.

Good thing this isn't the season finale. And that it's next.

I don't know. The last crow show Adult Swim had only lasted one season.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Damn Morty. That was brutal.

We can all learn a lot from the crows.

Rick and Two Crows forever! A thousand years!

Hmm, short episode.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Wow, I guess that's the end of the Rick and Morty partnership. It's now Rick and Two Crows.

Nobodyman

Season Finale Part 2!

Is this an alternate universe Last Airbender?

LOL, anime-style opening.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Yeah, we get it. You're a horse and a crow.

Already better than Sword Art Online, and we're only five minutes in.

Morty is forty?

Nobodyman

Hmm, so much for empathy.

Crowscare, because the Scarecrow moniker was already taken.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You go off on this epic quest, the writing is episodic and does nothing to advance the plot, then you get cancelled, then renewed thirteen years later because everyone got tired of seeing your story unfinished.

SUBMIT TO CROWHORSE!

Haven't been here since the Ricklantis got mixed up.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Morty rockin' the naked mole rat look.

Well, at least Morty knows what to expect when he gets older.

The return of Evil Morty.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I think they want everybody to stay.

BUY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS!

So that szechuan sauce story was real.

Nobodyman

So many dead Ricks and Mortys.

So the backstory from Season 3 really was true?

It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

Well...that was a finale.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Cue evil Morty theme.

Glad I didn't vote for him.

And Mr. PBH to close us out aga--oh dear.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Mr. Poppy Butthole it's back!

See you guys for Season 6 for a really... Really.... Really... Long Time!

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Forgetting Sarick Mortshall" - I admit neither episode this time around was particularly funny but both were very interesting. I did like the idea of Morty going around trying to correct all of Rick's messes and meeting Nick and the way Morty was able to take out Nick by cutting off his portal hand and throwing it through the knee to make Nick get sucked into himself in loop was pretty cool. I admit the idea of the two crows having that rope system that worked pretty effecitvely and being moral was sort of funny but honestly not really too many specific jokes there as even the idea of the super dark crystal crow warriors wasn't that funny neither was Jerry turning himself to liquid. Do applaud the idea of them having the cliff hanger of all things being Rick going with the two crows realizing how toxic his relationship is with Morty which of course led to the finale...

"Rickmurai Jack" - Eh outside of Summer voting for older Morty to get her molly, Rick hating canon and knowing Evil Morty would be evil and Evil Morty admitting the time's gone for things to be written well not really any laughs but I will applaud the team for the story this time around. Like we all knew Evil Morty would come back this season and do something big but I admit I didn't think his plan would be "wanting to get rid of all Ricks because they made us Mortys to use and escaping beyond the curve of unvierses that would have Rick as the smartest man ever to enjoy a world without him in it". I like the idea of his evil ultimately just wanting to get away from Rick even in the nastiest way ever. And I also like how the backstory from "Rickshamp Redempetion" was only fake in how he made the portal liquid and the rest happened and showing more of his rebellion days as well as why he started the citadel in the first place. I am sure that with how this one ended the sixth has to pick up with Rick and Morty still on that ship with some of the remaining ricks from the citadel but good place to end there.

Not the greatest episodes as honestly I thought last season had better laughs (and cooler fights though how Rick used that monster version of himself was kind of cool) and a tightier script but I appreciate where this one went and it being the first eps of this season to really focus on the two... well I guess "Rickdepence Spray" did that but no one likes that episode. This one though was at least interesting. Even that ending with Mr. Poopybutthole wasn't really a joke but just "appreciate life" message which yeah solid way to end the season curious where next one is going to go.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The anime open was so unexpected and hilarious but kinda because it also mocked anime in general.

But yeah, I suppose the real reward of this season was finally seeing Rick's true back story and putting together all the pieces we got all along and the end of Evil Morty's story, to get away from Rick but in the most cruel method possible that makes the wall of Morty's from his first appearance look like nothing.

I did wonder will the Rick who started C-137's whole story will come up again in a future season. That's pretty much the one thread still left.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts