C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Six Talkback

Nobodyman

How long till Marvin gets his own spin off show?

Mr. Twist must work very closely with M. Night Shyamalan.

Ha! Return of Butter Bot.

Ah, Smiling Friends. Hope we get season 2 soon.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
If Rick & Morty were on a broadcast network, that "Marvin the Cowardly Guard" would probably be a real spin-off.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Oh, I was hoping you were Joe Progresso.

Be glad this isn't an isekai series, or this would REALLY be confusing.

Nobodyman

Talk about being motivated.

That hair color makes Rick look like Sonic.

It's always sad when a writer has put down their own creation.

Dangit, you had one job!

Tagman sounds a lot like Mr. Poopy Butthole.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Full Meta Jackrick" - You know this actually was an episode I was really digging the first half of as not only were there a lot of great gags (i'm glad they acknowledge how much of a sell out the Space Jam crossover was, in addition to doing a previously on Jesus Christ and his relationship with Mary, the motivation of needing more motivation and that being seen as lazy/"eh guess we're doing that", the super meta 6 especially continuity twist and retcon) but honestly I actually really liked how super meta this episode was going. Like the "Never Ricking Morty" leaned on that but not only was the reveal that was a Rick and Morty plot within the actual characters but they were still relying on the idea of a general storyline. This one dealing with characters literally trying to break the meta verse within the series and Rick getting so desperate to stop them unleashing a retcon that even he admitted screwed things over was great. I admit though the second half wasn't nearly as good. I did like Joseph Campell pointing out how Rick seemingly refuses to evolve and calling that cowardly as well as Previous Leon actually using his powers to help out in a weird previously on montage but it did feel like a lot of the funnier meta cracks and ideas were drying up. Stopping the writer with a Campbell speech and Rick's battle with Story Lord weren't nearly as interesting as what was happening in the first half and though there were still good bits about Rick annoyed at the idea of the "be more like season one" complaint all the fans keep throwing out there and Tagman (even if that did go on too long just pushing that one joke) again first half was the funniest. Still a solid episode and again I am fine with this show pushing the super meta narrative angle so hard since yeah it doesn't always do that and it does allow R&M to go to some fun unique angles.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/3/23: Season 6 home entertainment release set for March 28.

2/7: Anonymous reports from the staff about Roiland.

If there was any question, the series will continue and that big 70 episode order isn't being cut in any way.

3/22: Roiland comments on his legal issues.

3/23: Orange County DA rep says case was dismissed due to insufficient evidence.

4/12: The Anime will premiere this year.

6/7: Anime will premiere in the fall.

6/14: Good part of season 9 was plotted before strike and ideas about season 10 already discussed.

Co-EP Steve Levy comments on Roiland.

Recasting of Rick likened to Bugs Bunny and the many actors who've voiced him.

Season 7 aiming for September premiere.

7/21: Steve Levy reveals they are close to recasting.

The intro sequence for The Anime.

All of season 7 is done and ready to air, all of season 8 is written, and part of season 9 is written. Squanchy, Gene, Gearhead, and Mr. Poopybutthole will all be appearing in the season 7 premiere.

7/29: The Anime is 10 episodes.

8/24: Season 7 premieres on October 15.

8/31: Season 7 episode title and loglines reveal:

or
"How Poopy Got His Poop Back" – Broh, Come Out With Us, You're Being So Boring Dude
"The Jerrick Trap" – Gotta be mindful Broh, big brain stuff here.
"Air Force Wong" – Virigina is For Lovers Broh
"That's Amorte" – Broh, That's-A Some Good Spaghetti
"Unmortricken" – Rick And Morty Wilding Out, Broh. They getting up to stuff.
"Rickfending Your Mort" – Gotta keep those receipts, Dawg.
"Wet Kuat Amortican Summer" – High School, Broh. Morty and Summer hang out in this one.
"Rise of the Numbericons: The Movie" – Action! Adventure! It's a whole movie, Broh!
"Mort: Ragnarick" – Heaven is for real, Broh. I saw it, Broh, I swear.
"Fear no Mort" -Only thing to fear is fear itself, Broh.

9/4: They're gonna air season 7 all the way through with no off-weeks or hiatuses.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Season 7 trailer's out!

You can barely tell they hired new actors for Rick and Morty. I'm impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts