C&C - Tuca & Bertie - Season Two Talkback

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Tonight proved Tuca & Bertie is much better at sex humor than Rick & Morty is.
After being exposed to the SJW crap that was this latest R&M episode, I'm looking forward to seeing it and being hopefully proven right, honestly!

EDIT - And Thank God I did, because this show has just proven once again how much better it is than the show everyone worships over it, proving to me once again how overrated said show is (Rick & Morty..... UGH.).

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Tuca and Bertie, S02E05 "Vibe Check"

I really enjoyed this episode, this show is finally in its' roots.

I'm glad that this season keeps the continuity of the Netflix season instead of "executive meddling". The return of Joel aka. hairy_stallion_69, mentioning of Jelly Lakes and in the next episode the sub-plot about Speckle and Bertie's new house.

I'm really happy to see that Tuca finally has a girlfriend. She and Kara (the nurse bird from last week's episode) are truly made for each other.

The therapist that Bertie visits often is a really fun person sometimes. I think this is the third time we see her.

That live-action footage of getting orgasm, this show is too good to have those fun things. The dot attack was bonkers, and the text writing scene was really creative.

"Dear whoever, we blame technology" - that make me laugh. 8,5/10

Bittenbinder

I really liked this episode, love how this show can handle heavy topics like sexual trauma without coming off too heavy. Loved seeing Tuca and Kara get together. Also really cool to see scenes like the dots attacking Tuca that take advantage of the animation medium.

Sam the Cartoonist

It was sweet seeing Tuca and Kara get together, but the skeptic I am is a bit worried that Kara's inattentive nature (as shown during the dialogue with the bartender) will become an issue as their relationship progresses.

Also, the show's use of surrealism to figuratively convey the characters' emotions was *chief kiss*. Some highlights include the live-action sequence leading up to the orgasm and Bertie's body parts breaking apart like detachable mannequin pieces, particularly at the end of the episode which probably implies that she's still feeling broken by Pervy Pastery Pete's abuse.

Zanneck

it's always bizarre watching this right after R&M
It's not bizarre that I've always found this show to be better than R&M, IHMO. R&M was always a bit of a mess for me, whereas this show, again - at least to me, was consistently good from the very beginning.

Now, I'm aware all of this I'm saying loud and proud is unpopular opinion, so don't worry about that too much.

Last edited:

Sam the Cartoonist

It's not bizarre that I've always found this show to be better than R&M, IHMO. R&M was always a bit of a mess for me, whereas this show, again - at least to me, was consistently good from the very beginning.
R&M and T&C have different approaches to their subject matter. R&M tends to use its sci-fi setting and tropes as a source of dark humor to downplay its bleak philosophy. Meanwhile, T&C uses its surrealism and colorful characters to alleviate its serious themes despite taking them seriously which allows it to achieve a greater balance.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sorry, no new Tuca and Bertie tonight at 11:30. Well, except for this one...

Episode 6: "The Moss"
Tuca and Bertie battle a mysterious new apartment manager; Speckle races to finish building his dream house.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Gold houses, platinum houses, soft rubbery houses with weak foundations.

Hope you brought a blacklight.

So they elected the entirety of Congress as mayor. Who just happen to be related to Tuca.

A bird's got to know his limitations.

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DOOGALOO!

This house is his Revolution 9.

Her bedroom is decorated in contemporary stalker.

What if the author of What If a Car Was Evil? was evil?

DON'T BLINK! LOVE, THE DOCTOR.

You could always put a curtain around the shower.

Yuppies ruin everything.

Don't think gentrification doesn't affect you.

The only problem now is there's moss on all the other buildings, and soon they'll all be Starbucks and yoga gyms and banks that are just across the street from a different location of the same bank.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Tuca and Bertie, S02E06 "The Moss"

What can I say, another good episode with a status quo change. There's more to show in this season than I expected.

The moss will take over Bird Town if it keeps growing? This might be an interesting story arc. Some funny Speckle moments are worth watching this episode. 7,5/10

Bittenbinder

It’s moss? Pretty good episode. Speckle’s descent into madness was funny and I really liked how the show took the chance to delve a bit more into the lives of the other characters in the building. Sweet speech by Tuca even if it doesn’t accomplish anything.

Sam the Cartoonist

This was a funny episode despite the downer ending with almost everyone being evicted due to gentrification which the moss symbolizes. My favorite moments included the rivalry between Tuca's twin siblings, Speckle's architectual obsession, and Tuca acknowledging the cannibalistic implications of her eating an egg.

It looks like next week, we'll see our title characters' relationship put to a real challenge, a trope common with these type of sleepover episodes.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Evicted, homeless, but still has to work nights. New T&B tonight at 11:30.

Episode 7: "Sleepovers"
Tuca is caught up in the love bubble of her hot new romance, while Bertie reminisces about their friendship; Bertie buys a lot of milk.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Maybe don't leave those cups behind the toilet. I think we all remember what happened seven episodes into last season.

Mocha choco mocha mocha mocha choco mocha mocha.

Flying around looking for sexual predators to crap on.

Night bees and wolf wasps.

She'll have to take a leak sometime.

Fun, drinking and property damage.

Boy, they should really move in together, you know?

Your dirty birdy thirties.

Don't cry over several hundred gallons of spilt milk.

She finds the cups she finds the cups she finds the cups she finds the cups not the toilet not the toilet not the toilet aaaaaaaggggggggh

I CAN'T STOP THIS FEELING...

No one told Bertie life was gonna be this way.

Polar bears breathe fire. That's a new one.

Last edited:

Bittenbinder

Is it just me or are you guys starting to not like Kara? I mean I know she’s got some issues too but it feels like she’s not taking Tuca’s feelings into account. Also, Bertie struggling with her loneliness when both Tuca and Speckle are gone was really sad. As always, Speckle provided some hilarious moments in a pretty heavy episode.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Tuca and Bertie, S02E07 "Sleepovers"

This episode isn't even about the actual sleepover. Bummer. The episode was good, but... I have doubts about what happens next.

I'm started to get worry about Kara and Tuca's relationship, I mean, Kara was a little cold to Tuca by saying "you're too sensitive" and didn't apologise.

And the drama will kick-off as Bertie finds out about Tuca's cup with "Bertie is keeping me alone", the next episode is gonna be interesting.

Some funny moments like Bertie buying too much milk or the B-plot with Speckle keeps the episode from being too dramatic.

I really loved the 5-years-ago flashbacks with how Bertie and Speckle first met.

Neat end credits with Bertie skateboarding. 7/10

Dragnatek

Is it just me or are you guys starting to not like Kara? I mean I know she’s got some issues too but it feels like she’s not taking Tuca’s feelings into account. Also, Bertie struggling with her loneliness when both Tuca and Speckle are gone was really sad. As always, Speckle provided some hilarious moments in a pretty heavy episode.
Looks like they are building Kara up as being manipulative and controling. And since this is Tuca's first real relationship sadly she may allow it to happen.

Zanneck

After watching this latest episode, I hope to God Tuca doesn't let Kara walk all over her like she unfortunately did.

Furthermore, I would hate to see Kara cause damage to Tuca's friendship with Bertie in any way, honestly.

Seriously, Tuca deserves better than someone like Kara, if this is how it's gonna be, dammit! Especially since Tuca is actually working so damn hard to be her best, non-drunk, self-improving self, now!!

And chalk this up, otherwise, as just one more thing I'm happy to watch, unlike Rick and Morty (unfortunately), as of late.

Sam the Cartoonist

This episode isn't even about the actual sleepover. Bummer. The episode was good, but... I have doubts about what happens next.
I loved the misleading title since it tricks us into believing this would be another one of those sleepover episodes where the characters' polarizing traits come into full clash when, in reality, the duo are apart from each other for most of the episode as a showcase of their codependence.

Also, I had my misgivings about Kara starting from that moment in Vibe Check where the bartender mentioned to Tuca Kara's poor communication skills, and this episode just confirmed my skepticism. Unless someone tells Tuca to learn to set boundaries, this relationship will probably go to hell in a handbasket.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I see a new episode of Tuca & Bertie in your future...tonight at half past 11...

Episode 8: "Corpse Week"
The gang visits Tuca and Bertie's families during Corpse Week, where morbid imagery meets complicated family dynamics.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm not sure what Nick waiting for: every weekend Nick is airing keep it here Nick ads for Warped! But still no word for whether it's cancelled or renewed.
Recently actor James Hong was interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel. He's 93 but still going strong. Really cool!
so I switch on disney xd and to my surprise, chip & dale rescue rangers is on

For someone who's been around less than a year, Barbie Brooklyn Roberts has gotten plenty of (well deserved) attention.
According to zap2it, nick@nite will air Seinfeld starting early Tues May 31 2am-4am, that means Mom will be off the lineup after May 26.

Featured Posts