C&C - Tuca & Bertie - Season Two Talkback

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I don't suppose they make Mountain Dew and jerky-flavored pastry?

It's Tuca and Bro-tie.

Heavy is the head that blows the whistle.

Bertie, no! Don't stoop to their level!

Put a bunch of bros in together in the same room, and suddenly it's a rooster-measuring contest.

TUCA'S GONE MAD WITH POWER! SHE'S GONNA EAT THE CHORT!

Some other bro in the back with his phone camera screaming "WORLDSTAR! WORLDSTAR!"

TOXIC MASCULINITY FAILURE

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I love this show's logic. A simpleminded dudebro lives in Bertie's skull. You think he's imaginary up to the point where he actually escapes. When his logic is defeated, he explodes. No one questions any of this because hey, that's just how reality works. Wish more animated shows would embrace the freedom of the medium the way this one does.

Also, in real life you can't get uncancelled that quickly. A Pastry Pete YouTube video series would be downvoted to hell, not embraced, no matter how "sorry" he claimed to be.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Tuca and Bertie, S02E03 "Kyle"

The intro is first showed instead of a cold open scene. Respect, but I'm still sad they short the intro to 15 seconds.

This season is getting more interesting.

The bird people are just dumb believing in Pastry Pete's apology for what he did at the end of season one. Bertie is traumatized seeing him, still doing his job.

The musical number was good tho. Original songs on this show are a rarity. 7/10

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

I love this show's logic. A simpleminded dudebro lives in Bertie's skull. You think he's imaginary up to the point where he actually escapes. When his logic is defeated, he explodes. No one questions any of this because hey, that's just how reality works. Wish more animated shows would embrace the freedom of the medium the way this one does.

Also, in real life you can't get uncancelled that quickly. A Pastry Pete YouTube video series would be downvoted to hell, not embraced, no matter how "sorry" he claimed to be.
There's no Jerry Smith here.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong

This episode encapsulated everything I hate about “bro” culture.

GrantM

so how much of a bleep fest is season 2 since outside of Rick And Morty Adult Swim never put out uncensored versions of thier shows these days

Bittenbinder

Pastry Pete is back and still causing problems for Bertie, even after the ordeal is over (for Pete anyways). Laughed hard at the “Bring your toucan to work day” joke. Dudebro Bertie is really funny too. Thought we had seen him before but I guess it was in a promo. Even though it’s obviously a way to get Tuca out of the way for Berties plot to move along, the traffic guard Tuca scenes are funny.

Sam the Cartoonist

Even if he was eventually forgiven for a 'sincere' apology (a la Louis CK), in real life, most people with an inkling of common sense would call his bull by the point he started commodifying it.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Happy Bald Eagle Day! Don't forget THESE birds tonight at 11:30.

(In case you'll be watching things explode tonight, consider this a DVR reminder.)

Episode 4: "Nighttime Friend"
Tuca deals with her nightly insomnia and loneliness by exploring Bird Town after hours; Bertie handles an IBS attack; Speckle gets a new pedometer watch.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Tuca and Bertie, S02E04 "Nighttime Friend"

As for a Tuca-centric episode, it was a really cute and chill-out episode. I kinda wished it was a little longer, but since episodes are now 22 minutes not 25 it's hard to get used to.

The nurse bird that Tuca befriends with is really adorable and has cute singing voice.

I have a feeling that Tuca's aunt is likely going to die since she's in the hospital in this season.

I like those Birdwatch Originals' titles, "Bird Town's Next Top Model Train" or "Schitt's Beak". Netflix would not like it. 8/10

Corwin Haught

Tuca and Bertie, S02E04 "Nighttime Friend"

As for a Tuca-centric episode, it was a really cute and chill-out episode. I kinda wished it was a little longer, but since episodes are now 22 minutes not 25 it's hard to get used to.

The nurse bird that Tuca befriends with is really adorable and has cute singing voice.

I have a feeling that Tuca's aunt is likely going to die since she's in the hospital in this season.

I like those Birdwatch Originals' titles, "Bird Town's Next Top Model Train" or "Schitt's Beak". Netflix would not like it. 8/10
Tuca & Bertie is also a Birdwatch show, which raises a lot of questions.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
With this fourth S2 episode, I'm glad I don't have to worry too much about Tuca coming along positively well as a character, honestly. It's Bertie I'm still concerned about in that area, however.
Either way, glad to see we are keeping up High Tier work here, IMHO.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Came in late from a fireworks show last night.
Never been late to one of my own talkbacks before.

Hey, there's a show on here about two anthropomorphic birds in their twenties who get into all sorts of wacky scrapes. ...ehh, who'd want to watch that.

Ahh, listen to them. Creatures of the night. What music they make.

Walking around when everything is closed. Downtown shopping districts late at night, nice. Amusement parks in the morning before they open, not so much.

There goes Gavin.

That pedometer watch is getting a workout.

Tuca Birdlady, Attorney At Law.

A toucan who's a night owl. That's new.

At least this time it's not on my car.

I think they mean "virgin" in that you've never seen this film.

SING "HOT PATOOTIE!"

GET READY TO FEEL THE POWER...OF POWER OF ATTORNEY!

"Filthy filthy filthy filthy!"
If Double-D were a street sweeper. And also a bird.

And people think breastfeeding is gross.

Yeah, you don't want to be doing this every night.

Everyone needs a lullaby now and then.

Nice ending, but seriously, you may want to tell Bertie that Speckle's been sleep-stepping.

To think they cancelled that bird show for another season of this.

Last edited:

Bittenbinder

A bit late to this one, been busy this week. I really loved the city at night, it looks really nice. Also Speckle has to be my favorite character by this point. Not that I don't love Tuca and Bertie but the stuff he gets into cracks me up. Hopefully this nurse character becomes a regular and we get to learn more about her.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Look-a look-a, we've got Tuca.

Oh my wordie, here comes Bertie.

All new at 11:30.

Episode 5: "Vibe Check"
Bertie's vibrator is giving her intrusive-yet-titillating thoughts; Tuca wonders if her new friendship could be something more; Speckle is into his new video game.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Obvious exits are north, south, and Dennis. Ye can't get ye flower.

I didn't know they made Animal Crossing into an RPG.

Oh lord I nearly laughed at that.

It's a night of old shame, I see.

Netflix wouldn't have bleeped that.

Maybe resolve this before you get ticketed for littering.

Good to see they're keeping up with continuity vis-à-vis the Netflix season.

Maybe don't rush into this too fast.

I think Tuca got the point point point.

Speckle, is your mic turned off?

Ohhhhh. Girl-HYPHEN-friend.
Or maybe not.

Taste the flame!

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.

Featured Posts