C&C - Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - "Princess Aiya's Beniyasha Hunting" [11/20]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
If you are reading this, one of two things has happened:

a) the first episode of tonight's Yashahime doubleheader has ended, or;

b) you have clicked on the wrong thread.

If a), then be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting Mowoha, huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh.

If b), do not feel embarrassed. It happens to everyone. Just click the back button and we'll say no more about this.

yashahimetalk.jpg

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon
Episode 19
"Princess Aiya's Beniyasha Hunting"

Moroha gets caught in the middle of a tournament between Hisui and other bounty hunters, and is forced to fight Setsuna for the amusement of the silly Tessen-wielding Princess Aiya.

NOTE: This is the SECOND of two premiere episodes of Yashahime, to air tonight at 1am E.

If you are reading THIS, you have promised not to post spoilers.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Previously on Yashahime: Hi dad. Bye dad.

So glad we had that caption to tell us who she is, even though she said who she was literally two seconds later.

Got ourselves a regular RPG party here.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time:

...look, if you can rewind your DVR to recap the last episode, why should I do it for you?

Oh boy, Princess Ayeka laugh.

Ahh, a Moroha episode.

Nobodyman

Guess we're taking a break from the Kirinmaru stuff.

This princess creeps me out.

These guys are the Ginyu Force of bounty hunters.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
How much debt? Like an unspecified large amount?

"Do you like me? Yes, no, check one?"

Brought to you by Rock Paper Scissor chocolates!

"It's only a model."
"Shhh!"

With your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!

You're not supposed to catch the bombs, idiot.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
What the hell is this, "capture the flag"?

By the way, happy birthday, princess, we'll have cake and ice cream later.

Nobodyman

Ha! I knew that match was rigged!

"You have been a very naughty princess, young lady!"

Crocodile tears. Gets 'em every time.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Demon slaying just doesn't pay the bills anymore.
Thanks to Tanjiro and Nezuko, the market's become too saturated.

All that for something you could rub out with a little club soda?!

If I were Towa, I'd have read them the riot act, I'll tell you that much.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was okay. Having a more light hearted episode after everything the girls had gone through recently wasn't a bad idea, but trying to appeal to a spoiled annoying princess in the hopes that the demon slayers could join her guard and get more money was just kind of weak. It was obvious that it wasn't going to happen, even with the match being rigged in their favor.

Keeping Towa in the dark about it definitely didn't help matters either. It seemed like they kind of wanted Towa and Setsuna to battle each other, which would have been fine if the setup didn't feel contrived and forced. Even if she couldn't get involved in the fight itself, knowing that they weren't really set on hurting or killing Moroha would have been fine. I also wish that the princess got in more trouble. Her father yelled at her and then seemingly fell for her sad act, but she was treated real people as her own personal play things and just wanted to see a good fight for her own amusement without offering them anything real in return. It isn't the worst thing imaginable, but I think that she should have gotten more punishment for being a spoiled jerk.

Towa being relieved that Setsuna and Moroha weren't really fighting was really the best moment of the episode. Her relief that her friends were safe felt genuine and made sense with her character. Overall, it was an okay episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts