C&C - Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - "Trap of the Two Perils" [11/13]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You know, part of the difficulty of making talkback threads for a show you're watching for the first time is figuring out how to describe the plot of an episode you haven't seen when the description you get off DirecTV Stream doesn't give you much to go on, and you'd rather not look it up on Wikipedia because you don't want to be spoiled.

At least when I did Paranoia Agent last year, I'd already seen it in advance. Did you know I wrote all of those episode descriptions myself? It's true—they were based off of ones I'd written for a long-buried Wiki page somewhere on this site. I didn't think they were still up, so I recreated them from memory.

As for tonight's episode, I believe that Konton will devise a plan to destroy the Half-Demon Princesses, Riku will offer to help him, and the three girls will at some point be lured into a ravine somewhere.

yashahimetalk.jpg

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon
Episode 17
"Trap of the Two Perils"

Konton devises a plan to destroy the Half-Demon Princesses; Riku offers to help him, and the three girls are lured into a ravine.

I also believe you will all refrain from posting spoilers.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Previously on Yashahime: Bummer end to a student-master relationship.

"Surely you must be joking."
"I'm not, and don't call me...oh, you know how it goes."

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Even in feudal Japan, student debt will be the death of you.

Stay off my transmutation circle!

Is he wearing eyeliner?

Not Mount Musubi, but Mount Almost-subi.

Nobodyman

Riku's the true villain of this show, isn't he?

She's a regular Itzhak Perlman. And not just because she has a pearl in her eye.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Is Setsuna trying to lure the Tree of Ages out like in Young Frankenstein?

"Umm, guys, I'm practicing here?"

Definitely not a trap.

I'm not even hungry, I'm such a fatty.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I think this show would have been perfect for weekday/Saturday night Toonami and would have gotten by with minimal edits, one of them being Moroha's s-bomb.

Nobodyman

"I want you to cut me. Because I'm emo and too scared to cut myself."

I mean, you could've just tried pinching yourself.

"You'll be my guidepost."
"Well, people have said I'm a bit wooden."

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"What's your plan? Are the two of us splitting up?"
With another season on the way?

...she's not coming back, is she?

And she gets thrown back down again.

"How dare you...distasteful."
I spent HOURS painting that circle!

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
Good news: Setsuna and Towa have escaped and are going to give Konton what for. Bad news: Moroha is still trapped and in trouble, and now she has yet another reason to hate Konton. I really hope she and her sisters give him what he deserves.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Towa still being set on finding the Dream Butterfly while Setsuna is rather indifferent towards it feels kind of weird for this point of the series. I didn't really mind that for awhile when they needed to get used to the new status quo, explore the new setting and characters, but I thought that they would have made more progress on it by now. If the episodes weren't as enjoyable as they are and the chemistry within the main trio wasn't solid, I think that this would be a bigger problem.

Similarly, Towa giving away Moroha's position when that demon was about to eat a monk also feels a bit off for this point of the series. She obviously wouldn't have the kind of skills that Setsuna and Moroha have given that they've grown up in this era, but Towa has been in plenty of battles by this point. It just felt a tad too late to make Towa into this inexperienced fighter who doesn't have her guard up or enough battle instincts when we're over halfway through the season by now.

Riku was quite suspicious with his role in this plot, which makes me wonder what his actual goal is. Splitting up the girls put them in more of a disadvantage too. Setsuna stabbing herself to see if she'd wake up was rather reckless, but Towa was able to smell her blood, so it did kind of work out. It was pretty cool to see Towa and Setsuna break out of the illusion and face off against Konton. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts