Canadian animation fans: Does anyone still watch Teletoon?

DeStussy

For the record, I'm not Canadian myself, but I've known about Teletoon for the longest time, and saw it as the Canadian equivalent to Cartoon Network.
But unlike Cartoon Network, I don't see anyone talk about that often, unless someone is talking about how they grew up with it.
What doesn't help is how a lot of their output in recent years have been fairly mediocre or straight up terrible, and as of this decade, they don't even have any new original programming, just imported shows. And it just feels like it's on life support at this point.
So does anyone actually watch it anymore, or has everyone already moved on?

The Overlord

For the record, I'm not Canadian myself, but I've known about Teletoon for the longest time, and saw it as the Canadian equivalent to Cartoon Network.
But unlike Cartoon Network, I don't see anyone talk about that often, unless someone is talking about how they grew up with it.
What doesn't help is how a lot of their output in recent years have been fairly mediocre or straight up terrible, and as of this decade, they don't even have any new original programming, just imported shows. And it just feels like it's on life support at this point.
So does anyone actually watch it anymore, or has everyone already moved on?

I don't watch regular TV anymore and I think a lot of Canadians are same. The schedule on the website looks dull, it's mostly American imports, some old shows like Batman and Justice League, a ton of repeats of Teen Titans Go and Total Dramarama.

All the kind of weird stuff they used to show in the 90s and 2000s are gone. It seems like a relic in the streaming age, heck I think the CRTC has mostly given up too.

cheril59

If only I'd moved to Canada in case Trump would win, I'd be a happy man enjoying some Teletoon. "Ned's Newt", "Wayside" and "Blazing Dragons" are my faves.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on Otakuninja2006's profile.
Hey Otakuninja2006, I want to see more of your Nickelodeon Slam Schedules please
Pixar's Ratatouille is 15 years old today.

It looks like Paget Brewster didn't know that DuckTales would end at season 3 given the surprise she felt when she was told about this at the last recording.
themidnightlore wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
A moment of silence for TCM, that got kicked out from the avatar. Joking aside, the avatar rocks nice the corporate WBD colours.

The winner of this matchup is The Muppet Movie, which got 3 votes. Follow That Bird got 1 vote. The next matchup is between Mulan and Kung Fu Panda.

Featured Posts