Votes: 60 46.5%
  • 2004-2010

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • 2010-present day

Votes: 35 27.1%

• Total voters

dip

Rebrand apparently?
honestly, although this is a major downgrade from the current(?) redraw your world branding, this still looks kinda nice! i love the vibe they're going for with the warp and reflection effects seen at the beginning of the bump, and the endtag at the end has a p nice animation. although its a little too early to judge, i'd say this has potential!

Toonhead2002Ultra

My first impression is that it looks too minimalist so far, but I think we should wait to see the whole package before we can judge this new branding properly. I do like the wave effects shown, and a circle and square becoming the logo. If they don't re-use the "Redraw Your World" slogan, then I'd say we call this new era the Waves era, or the Circle and Square era. Btw for any of those who think that RYW was too short, eras such as Yes! and Check It 3.0 lasted for a similar period of time and at least it lasted longer than something like the Fall era.

Francisque

As I mention in the other thread iirc, the more I look at it the more I see similar elements from Disney.
There are many dissimilarities too, and we haven't definitely seen all of it.

Minimalist as @Red Arrow is the current trend, not just Disney 's.

Anyway, idents will definitely exist, and that's the most interesting part for me, hopefully something not so focused on characters, so that it can be used for a long time, like Checkerboard 2010

J10

The word "Next" has went smaller just like Animal Planet, after they debuted these bumpers.

I think the new US DOG will be used on EMEA feeds, at the start of the programs and after the break, and disappears during the breaks, as RYW was being scrapped in the US.

Last edited:

Francisque

The word "Next" has went smaller just like Animal Planet, after they debuted these bumpers.

I think the new US DOG will be used on EMEA feeds, at the start of the programs and after the break, and disappears during the breaks, as RYW was being scrapped in the US.
The opposite seems to be true.

Soon after the WBD channels, Discovery channels in the UK have started keeping the DOG on all the time, like with the ex-Turner channels

Reactions: J10

J10

The opposite seems to be true.

Soon after the WBD channels, Discovery channels in the UK have started keeping the DOG on all the time, like with the ex-Turner channels
I indirectly mention Pan-Regional feeds of Animal Planet and Discovery Science in Europe as an example, and that Cartoon Network across the region would use it on the start of programs, and I didn’t mention the UK feeds of Discovery-side TV Channels at all.

That post I wrote isn’t related to the UK channels at all, and it’s different. I forgot to write (except for the UK and Italy).

Last edited:

dip

some new graphical assets that debuted today

new endboard + logo animation: "NEW" screenbug banner :
1665235948009.png

i think its safe to say redraw your world is dead (at least the new branding isn't bad!)

dip

What was the point of RDYW then? This looks so cheap that people were already making fan bumpers before it properly debuted.
my personal theory: Redraw Your World was probably meant to be this large-scale rebrand of CN (ala check it or city) that got cut short by the merger with Discovery, and knowing the execs at Discovery, they most likely want to take CN in a different direction and this branding is the byproduct of that

(also thanks for the indirect shoutout with the line mentioning fanmade bumpers ;] )

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts