Cartoon Network Asia November 2021 Highlights
6 November : Mechamato (Sneak Peek) at 11:30 PM WIB
7 November: New Episode Apple & Union and The Fungies At 7:00 PM
Celebrate #20YearsOfMovieMagic
13 November: Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone at 19:00 PM
27th : Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets and Ekans Ek Se Badhkar Snake

Source:

Insidus

Cartoon Network Africa picked up rights to Bionic Max. Their first animated series for family normally these type of shows go to Boomerang but hey it's nice seeing Cartoon Network do something different for once.
cafa73dc9a0667a542ef8f920c0f7669.jpg

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Didn't Italy have a feed for CN Europe before July/August 1996?
If so, I wonder why Tom and Jerry didn't have the ITA sign at 0:52. (It had some dubbing aside from the opening credits)
It's because it's Tom and Jerry. Many feeds aired that show in English without subtitles in the late 90s and early 2000s, even when dubs and subtitles were available. This also happened on CN NL, which was otherwise completely localized back then.

I think Turner EMEA didn't realize that some shorts had dialogue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

RegularCapital

Staff member
Didn't Italy have a feed for CN Europe before July/August 1996?
If so, I wonder why Tom and Jerry didn't have the ITA sign at 0:52. (It had some dubbing aside from the opening credits)

Not everything was dubbed in Italian yet, the soundtrack option was only available in Italian from January that year, the amount of dubbings increased when a full standalone version of Cartoon Network in French/Spanish/Italian launched in June 1998, then CN Italy, followed by CN France and CN Spain split off as independent feeds not long after.

Tom and Jerry has very little dialogue, hence there's little need for dubbing (or to air an existing dubbed version), it's pretty much a reason why CN Portugal aired Tom and Jerry during the channel's early days as they were busy dubbing the newer shows (also because of the loss of Boomerang during that time). I still think CN Portugal was a quick decision (and should've been better organised), especially as CN Spain literally only closed a few months before.

NippyToadster

Not everything was dubbed in Italian yet, the soundtrack option was only available in Italian from January that year, the amount of dubbings increased when a full standalone version of Cartoon Network in French/Spanish/Italian launched in June 1998, then CN Italy, followed by CN France and CN Spain split off as independent feeds not long after.

Tom and Jerry has very little dialogue, hence there's little need for dubbing (or to air an existing dubbed version), it's pretty much a reason why CN Portugal aired Tom and Jerry during the channel's early days as they were busy dubbing the newer shows (also because of the loss of Boomerang during that time). I still think CN Portugal was a quick decision (and should've been better organised), especially as CN Spain literally only closed a few months before.
They also started the Polish version of CN in 1998

Moleoman

Not sure, if this was part of a strategy or not, but before CN began separating feeds in 1998 some newer series such as "The Mask", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Cow and Chicken" and "Johnny Bravo" ran in English only.

Also, I've noticed that various Euro content series (such as "Sharky and George", or "Spartakus") also aired in English only, in spite of either having French dubs or being produced in French. I think CN UK/Europe could air them FTA as long as they were not available in their original language.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Not sure, if this was part of a strategy or not, but before CN began separating feeds in 1998 some newer series such as "The Mask", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Cow and Chicken" and "Johnny Bravo" ran in English only.

Also, I've noticed that various Euro content series (such as "Sharky and George", or "Spartakus") also aired in English only, in spite of either having French dubs or being produced in French. I think CN UK/Europe could air them FTA as long as they were not available in their original language.

By mid 1998, most of the original languages already had their own feeds (or at least a combined feed), the only exception was Swedish, and also Danish that came later, after 1997 the language symbols were dropped.

The French/Spanish feed was later encrypted in February 1999, they wanted people to subscribe to Canal+ to watch Cartoon Network in these languages, at least the presentation was in these two languages and in a digital format.

NippyToadster

And now there is a Polish CN schedule starting from November 8 (all times are in CET):
6-6:55 AM Grizzy and the Lemmings
6:55 AM Teen Titans Go!
7:20 AM Gumball
7:55 AM Apple and Onion
8:20 AM Bakugan:Armored Alliance/Geogan Rising (weekdays), Ben 10 (weekends)
8:55 AM Total Dramarama
9:20-10:45 AM Gumball
10:45 AM Ben 10 (2016)
11:10-12 AM Tom & Jerry Show
12-1 PM Grizzy and the Lemmings
1-1:55 PM Teen Titans Go!
1:55-2:50 PM Gumball
2:50 -3:45 PM DC Super Hero Girls (2019)
3:45-4:45 PM Craig of the Creek
4:45- 5:30 PM Teen Titans Go!
5:30 PM DC Super Hero Girls (2019)
6 PM Ninjago
6:25-7:25 PM Gumball
7:25 PM Teen Titans Go!
7:50 PM Summer Camp Island (season 4 premieres full this week starting from Nov 8)
8:20 PM Bakugan:Armored Alliance/Geogan Rising (new eps starting November 15th)
8:50 PM Ben 10 (2016) (weekdays),more Bakugan (weekends)
9:10 PM- 6:00 AM reruns of Gumball and Angelo Rules (Gumball airs in 2 hour blocks at 9:10 PM,0:45 and 4 AM,and Angelo airs at 11:20 PM and 2:35 AM)

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?

same with tom and jerry

Markus Nelis

I know we don't talk about US here but it's still related internationally. CN USA has rebranded 100% finally. The look isn't confusing anymore and I think this rebrand will last for many years. I do think that the rest of the world will start using this new look next year. I expect a roll out to start in Spring/Summer time. Here's some videos.
bumper

next bumper

promo endboard

This may have been one of the reasons that Europe is still using Dimensional. I think they got information that US was fully going to rebrand.

Moleoman

More Cartoon Network UK/Europe continuities from Summer 1996 - featuring up next bumpers for "Back to Bedrock" and "Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends" (and PAL sped up intro of the former at 3:50):

apparently CN and boom albania exist now, but only in the form of a VOD service:
not sure yet whether the content is dubbed or subbed, the promo would suggest subbed since the beginning is in english. prior to this, albania only had boom CEE in english, it seems they also have CN CEE in english now alongside these cn and boom vod services. pretty weird to hear a CN promo voiceover in albanian

J10

Apparently, CN and Boom Albania exist now, but only in the form of a VOD service:
Not sure yet, whether the content is dubbed or subbed. The promo would suggest subbed since the beginning is in English. Prior to this, Albania only had Boom CEE in English. It seems they also have CN CEE in English now, alongside these CN and Boom VOD services. Pretty weird to hear a CN promo voiceover in Albanian.
As of the Russian rating, I guess this is from the RSEE feed, not the CEE one. They’re getting promos from CN RSEE, not CN CEE, which is broadcasting in Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Czech Republic, and Slovakia.

Last edited:

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
Cartoon Network Asia November 2021 Highlights
6 November : Mechamato (Sneak Peek) at 11:30 PM WIB
7 November: New Episode Apple & Union and The Fungies At 7:00 PM
Celebrate #20YearsOfMovieMagic
13 November: Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone at 19:00 PM
27th : Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets and Ekans Ek Se Badhkar Snake

Source:
Forgot to add it according warnermedia asia press release

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 11 December

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 25 December

PS: I think is not possible half blood prince aired in cn apac lol

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Jellystone will premiere on Cartoon Network GAS starting December 13th at 17.00 CET and reruns the next day at 12.00 CET.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts