Cartoon Network International News Thread 12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikersSeventyOG

Courtesy: Cartoon Network Asia Facebook

1654604499289.png

J10

WBD logo is added on CN Apps website, particularly CN Africa and CN Arabic websites. Still, there is no change on main CN websites.
1654633506618.png

1654633661111.png

Last edited:

ballwa44

Nothing ever happens in July/August. That's the months they dump new episodes of cartoons they don't care about + the months of Teen Titans Go marathons.
'Member the days of the endless Adventure Time marathons? :p
I also recall when July-August meant little to no premieres. Not sure how that'll go this year.

J10

Here are the changes from WBD EMEA, as of today:
  • Alessandro Araimo becomes General Manager, Italy, Spain and Portugal. He was previously EVP and General Manager for Discovery in Italy.
  • Pierre Branco becomes General Manager, France, Benelux and Africa. He was previously Country Manager for WarnerMedia in France, Benelux, Middle East and Africa and Head of Affiliates and Ad Sales for EMEA.
  • Jamie Cooke becomes General Manager, CEE, Baltics, Middle East, Mediterranean and Turkey. He was previously Country Manager for Discovery across CEE and Middle East & Africa.
  • Hannes Heyelmann becomes General Manager, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. He was previously EVP Programming for WarnerMedia across EMEA.
  • Antonio Ruiz becomes General Manager, UK and Ireland. He was previously General Manager for Discovery in Spain, France and Portugal.
  • Christina Sulebakk becomes General Manager, Nordics. She was previously General Manager of HBO Max across Europe.

narq

Cartoon Network Poland July and August highlights.
Craig of the Creek: season 4 - every day at 8:20.
Movie evenings marathons featuring We Bare Bears, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo and Ben 10 - weekends at 18:55.

J10

CN Arabic's/MENA's Original Short, Nana the Bumbler Fly, has been expanded to CN Turkey. It was originally aired on CN Arabic website during Ramadan.

Unfortunately, there are awful comments in Instagram about the show, on CN Turkey's Account. If Arabic and Turkish teams of CN are splitted, then an Arabic show like that won't expand outside to the Turkish channel's website. This is not a 10-25 minutes cartoon, as this is an Arabic Original Short, which is made in Egypt by Follk Creative. Just take a look at the big differences between TLC Arabia and TLC Turkiye feed.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
CN Arabic's/MENA's Original Short, has been expanded to CN Turkey. It was originally aired on CN Arabic website during Ramadan.

Unfortunately, there are awful comments in Instagram about the show, on CN Turkey's Account. If Arabic and Turkish teams of CN are splitted, then an Arabic show like that won't expand outside to the Turkish channel's website. This is not a 10-25 minutes cartoon, as this is an Arabic Original Short, which is made in Egypt by Follk Creative. Just take a look at the big differences between TLC Arabia and TLC Turkiye feed.
I've never watched Nana Zanana outside of the promo, the animation and character designs on it looks really good compared to Kral Shakir. I can't understand why Turkish people already hate it, I know that Kral Shakir is their most popular show here but come on, an Arabic short cartoon also deserves some love.

J10

Turkey has its own team, in terms of visual and schedule.

Being inside of the same team doesn't force the Turkish team to air everything from the Arabic team; it's their choice, and I don't believe it's that too bad anyway
But Kral Sakir is being aired on both channels, despite their schedule is different, while they’re now sharing in having programs, which are the originals from Turkish and Arabic (Starting with Nana the Bumbler Fly), just 4 years later after Kral Sakir was being aired on CN Arabic. Still, both channels are not separated completely yet, unlike both TLC Arabia and TLC Turkiye.

The Turkish are in Istanbul, while MENA are in Dubai, but still, they don’t get separated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts