Cartoon Network International News Thread 12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

I've seen it coming: bumpers being created by EMEA being displayed by Turkey, highlights not showing any sign of a rebrand whatsoever, also from UK, no announcement whatsoever (not that it's needed, but there was not a leak), but I wanted to be equally optimistic... too bad.

But I think there'll be signs like "bare" show-specific end boards appearing until then

Francisque

EMEA is slow on rebranding usually. Yes, nothing happens overnight but waiting until Summer is already a long time to wait. Some feeds may only premiere in the Autumn time which is almost a year since US launched the look. As long as we get the new look this year, then it's fine I guess.
I think they're also probably working to solve some of the issues on the RYW branding, in regards to bright colours and movements possibly causing epilepsy and so on in EMEA jurisdictions, especially EU ones.
This also causing the delay

The result should be something slightly different, but especially the UK, is even usually quite better than the US in terms of branding. I think US RYW might be a BIT less bland in terms of bumpers, while idents are fine.

So, let's see...

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
What I find bizarre is that logically CEE should be the first to rebrand in Europe since they could just take the bumpers and idents as they are and just add a next arrow/! sign. Reediting and exporting is a matter of days at most. Only text we have are show logos. Dubbing into two-four languages won't take more than a day to a week. Less work than for Scandinavia even. So all in all not having a date by now is quite absurd. This isn't UK being the "premium" feed or Germany, France needing full care.

StrikersSeventyOG

What I find bizarre is that logically CEE should be the first to rebrand in Europe since they could just take the bumpers and idents as they are and just add a next arrow/! sign. Reediting and exporting is a matter of days at most. Only text we have are show logos. Dubbing into two-four languages won't take more than a day to a week. Less work than for Scandinavia even. So all in all not having a date by now is quite absurd. This isn't UK being the "premium" feed or Germany, France needing full care.
Ikr and hopefully rebrand it.

Francisque

It's matter of being coordinated among the feeds, not a matter of preferences.

The CEE feed is under the Germans anyway.

And it's not just a matter or rearranging things, it's I'm afraid a lot of tweaking because of the issues I've mentioned before.

RegularCapital

Staff member
As it stands, I have a list of possible rebrand dates:

1st April: It's a Friday, so it seems unlikely, it's the start of the financial year, and be an April Fools Joke that isn't actually one.

4th April: Seems more likely, as this is the start of Cartoon Network's schedule month. It's also a week before the first day of the Easter Holidays.

8th April/11th April: 8th April is the final day of the Spring Term, 11th April is the official start of the Easter School Holidays.

22nd July/25th July: The traditional date (or there about) of a rebrand in recent years as it's the start of the Summer School Holidays.

5th September: First day of the new school year, seems rather late and unlikely.

Bonus:

Monday 30th May to Friday 3rd June: It's half-term week, and also the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Yay, for Oneness 2! :D

That's two dates off the list, I still have my doubts for Easter though. I think Summer is more likely, but half-term in May/June would be a nice surprise.

I apologize if my hopes were too high. I bragged about it for 2 weeks now. It was logical to rebrand because of We Baby Bears but that didn't happen.

Don't beat yourself up about it, it was an educated guess :).

Also, I didn't put "not" in bold to drive home a point and being rude in general, it was for clarification, as the sentence can be easily misread as "not" was the most important word.

StrikersSeventyOG

Teen Titans Go! a new show? wow, what's with the South Asian team holding shows back for several years.
I have no idea what going on in Pakistan but I love seeing and searching for continuity.
In Asia, no Anime will be airing on CN Asia except the Philippines which still airs some anime which is strange.

Markus Nelis

CN India is now 16:9 according to this upload. The feed gets much better for sure in terms of adding more shows that's not Indian. And now a rebrand and 16:9. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts