Cartoon Network International News Thread 12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Wasn't that always a problem? Especially in the 2000s, CN was generally regarded as the weird children's channel that isn't for children. At least that's what I hear whenever 2000s CN is brought up in conversation with people. I mean, with the old CN series, it's not surprising that people reacted in such a manner.
CN never had that image in Flanders as far as I know, but I can imagine why it has/had that image in CEE (and America). We never had Toonami and the DC shows in the 2000s.

Still, this is clearly something WarnerMedia has been working on. They don't want this image.

Last edited:

narq

Now I guess that doesn't mean anything, but there's a lot of RYW stuff accidentally being shown in Europe. This production logo not being edited out between the episodes, also it's not edited out in CN's We Baby Bears YouTube videos, and the CN Collection hub on HBO Max in CEE countries used a RYW themed background for a few minutes today. That could be just an accident, or maybe the rebrand is actually incoming.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Now I guess that doesn't mean anything, but there's a lot of RYW stuff accidentally being shown in Europe. This production logo not being edited out between the episodes, also it's not edited out in CN's We Baby Bears YouTube videos, and the CN Collection hub on HBO Max in CEE countries used a RYW themed background for a few minutes today. That could be just an accident, or maybe the rebrand is actually incoming.
Yeah that's true...
A0v4gsk.jpg

z197Aco.jpg

One lame thing I find annoying is you don't see audio options...
9jo2cY2.jpg

Here are CZ logos...
orQFGiB.jpg

Francisque

It is coming, just not this month.

We'll see elements of it popping up until the official rebrand, likely between Summer and Autumn

lizzie98

I don't understand this obsession with Gumball that has CN's European feeds... I know kids don't mind seeing the same thing repeated 1 million times, but that doesn't mean the channel should ignore the other original shows they still have new episodes to premiere as Vic & Val, MaoMao, SCI, and The Fungies
If i recall correctly, they are required to air a certain amount of hours of animation that comes from Europe. That is why they had stuff like Angelo Rules, Robotboy or Chop Socky Chooks air during night time before. They'd rather fill up those slots with the European programming than have them air during the day.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Yeah that's true...
A0v4gsk.jpg

z197Aco.jpg

One lame thing I find annoying is you don't see audio options...
9jo2cY2.jpg

Here are CZ logos...
orQFGiB.jpg
Can you watch Samurai Jack in Dutch? If so, could you please upload the Dutch intro? I would be so greatful for that.

It's so annoying, albeit understandable, that CN NL's YouTube channel now has "HBO Max" written everywhere. Flemish children must be so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts