Cartoon Network International News Thread 13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVArchive

TLC Russia is working, I remember there used to be a localized Discovery Channel, but I didn't find it. Paramount localized channels also work outside of Russia.

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_105838_724.jpg
    IMG_20220806_105838_724.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 38

Palk Áron 2002

2000s Hungarian TV Blooregarder and Artist
TLC Russia is working, I remember there used to be a localized Discovery Channel, but I didn't find it. Paramount localized channels also work outside of Russia.
This is the CN thread. If you want to write about channels other than the global kids channels, use this thread instead.

AbdElRahman AlNjdy

There are no new changes to the schedule of CN Arabia and CN MENA during August, and there is nothing new that will be shown on the two feed , MENA and Arabia
Borrrrring Thing

AbdElRahman AlNjdy

Cartoon Network Arabia Schedule (July and August : Weekdays )
5:00 Kral Şakir
5:45 Mr.Bean
6:30 Cartoonito: Thomas and Friends
7:15 : Cartoonito: Kingdom Force
7:35 : Cartoonito: Lego City Adventures
8:00 : Cartoonito: Pat The Dog x2
8:40 : Cartoonito: Alice and Lewis x2
9:30 : Cartoonito: Mash Mash and the Mashables x2
10:20 : Cartoonito: Pat The Dog x2
11:05 : Cartoonito: Alice and Lewis x2
11:45 : Cartoonito: Kingdom Force
12:05 : Cartoonito: Lego City Adventures
12:30 Kral Şakir
13:00 Barbie It Takes Two
13:25 Craig Of The Creek
14:10 Mr.Bean x2
15:00 The Tom and Jerry Show (7 eps )
16:00 Marathon : All Summer with Gumball
18:50 Looney Tunes Cartoons
19:10 Craig Of The Creek
19:30 Ben 10 (2016)
19:50 Teen Titans Go ( 6 Eps )
21:00 Apple and Onion
21:25 The Tom and Jerry Show
22:15 We Bare Bears
23:00 Dexter Laboratory x2
23:45 Adventure Time
00:30 Regular Show
1:15 Clarence
2:00 Adventure Time
2:45 Clarence
3:30 Ben 10 2016
4:15 The Powerpuff girls 2016

StrikersSeventyOG

Cartoon Network Continuity from August 5-6, 2022​

Southeast Asia (August 5, 2022):​

Pakistan (August 5, 2022):​

Taiwan (August 6, 2022):​

India (August 6, 2022):​

Alexkik

perhaps in the future there will be a separate CN in Russia, but I began to notice that some new shows are in English. CN used to broadcast in English in Russia, it was from November 1999 to April 2005, but there were moments when the Russian soundtrack was tested, but very rarely

J10

perhaps in the future there will be a separate CN in Russia, but I began to notice that some new shows are in English. CN used to broadcast in English in Russia, it was from November 1999 to April 2005, but there were moments when the Russian soundtrack was tested, but very rarely
So, if the situation went worse with the channel, we could expect for CN SEE (ex-RSEE) to be split into 3 feeds in the future, one will be for CIS (Russian-speaking channel) (Countries like Belarus, and also Central Asian countries like Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan), and the others will be European-based like TLC feeds (Pan-Regional and Balkan).

I was hoping for better solutions regarding Russian Audio, for dubbing issues, where some new contents are in English, but this might not happen now.

Last edited:

J10

I don't think Russia will get its own feed. Such a feed would become like Kanal Disney in no time and Warner Media would lose control over it.
There is also Nickelodeon CIS, which is also still On-Air outside Russia, and it’s promos are localized. CN should get a localized feed and split.

Last edited:

Francisque

I don't think Russia will get its own feed. Such a feed would become like Kanal Disney in no time and Warner Media would lose control over it.
It's to be excluded now, probably CN won't return at all.

As for any split, it'd make sense in terms of time zones too, a DC-like approach, with CE (for CET areas) and EE (EET and other eastern areas), and possibly secondary "Russian-speaking" territories getting EE, but things are not as simple

There is also Nickelodeon CIS, which is also still On-Air outside Russia, and it’s promos are localized. They should get a localized feed and split.
That was created before Russia engaging in a stupid war; had the launch happened in recent times (Nick in CIS), that would be the "Global" feed.

Now its future as a CIS feed is in doubt anyway, it might not last furhter cuts

So, if the situation went worse with the channel, we could expect for CN SEE (ex-RSEE) to be split into 3 feeds in the future, one will be for CIS (Russian-speaking channel) (Countries like Belarus, and also Central Asian countries like Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan), and the others will be European-based like TLC feeds (Pan-Regional and Balkan).

I was hoping for better solutions regarding Russian Audio, for dubbing issues, where some new contents are in English, but this might not happen now.
You're also forgetting that kids channels are less localized than channels for older targets for a reason: kids channels are simpler to cater to
I doubt WBD would want to change the current asset too much, especially with HBO Max

Last edited:

J10

You're also forgetting that kids channels are less localized than channels for older targets for a reason: kids channels are simpler to cater to.

I doubt WBD would want to change the current asset too much, especially with HBO Max
I knew that they’re less localized, in terms of Nick Jr. and Nick (due to the “Global” feeds and the managements), and also for CN/Boomerang promos in CEE/SEE markets, which are textless.

What we’re discussing about was regrading newer episodes not being dubbed to Russian at that time like Craig of the Creek, and even some newer contents, as Alexkik said.

Francisque

To be honest, I find it interesting they still use the Russian ratings and Russian license screen, but probably it's: either laziness, or some agreements we're not aware of.

Either way, the ceased fire and any "agreement" (etc.) between the West and Russia, are not an imminent thing, sadly

Reactions: J10

TVArchive

previously, CN posted localized promos in Russian in VK.

I read that media companies want to return to Russia, but they are afraid that they will fall under the culture of cancellation. and now there are plans to return through import. WBD content is released on streaming and the Amediateka channel, as well as on the 2x2 channel. The premiere of the new season of Rick and Morty is coming soon and the 2x2 channel is the only one in the world that held the premiere the next day after the USA.

so let's look at the fall

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220807-144650_VK.jpg
    Screenshot_20220807-144650_VK.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

J10

After it aired the promo on CN MENA on January and the program on February, CN Arabic will air Jellystone for free.

Also, they’ll air new episodes from that old show, which have been aired in 2019, and is supposed to leave the channel completely to Netflix or even MBC3, Spacetoon, Gulli Bill Arabi, Boomerang MENA, and/or Majid Kids TV, but unfortunately it won’t be gotten rid from the channel, since it returned this year to the channel, beside airing Barbie: It takes two.

Last edited:

Alexkik

The Russian division (Media Alliance) is jointly owned by WBD and NMG.

As for the Disney Channel, the Disney company is programming, the CEO is also from the Disney side. Many people mistakenly think that UTV owns controlling shares of the channel, but this is not the case. This is the law for everyone and even the Russian paramount belongs to a businessman.

P.S The Russian division also programs Disney CEE (BG&RO)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220807-225944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220807-225944_Chrome.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 19

J10

So, there is a new voiceover for Boomerang CEE in English Audio (maybe in the Cartoonito block only?!).

Unfortunately, SEA and Latin America used the US one for Cartoonito, while EMEA (except CN Arabic; which uses British and American versions) always insisted on the redubbed British one, and doesn't wanted to be written-off completely, and replaced with the US Original theme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh hey today is my 8th anniversary here, I regret sometimes not making my account sooner, since I knew about this place as early as 2012. Anyhow time sure flies.
Posting less going well. No warnings for anything so I think the board agrees. Still present for everything and DO read what you guys say. But if I see something I don't like I keep my damn mouth shut. It's for the best.
20 Years ago today, Discovery Kids on NBC launched , it was my first introduction to Discovery Kids. I didn't have digital cable so I didn't have the channel. I liked Trading Spaces: Boys vs Girls. Tutenstien, Kenny the Shark, Time Warp Trio, Darcy's Wild Life.
Reading about Shea Fontana and watching this video with Ann Austen makes me want to see them collaborate on a project someday.

Ok... I got Sky Evo..

Also thats also means....

Featured Posts