Cartoon Network International News Thread 13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Welcome to the 13th Cartoon Network International News Thread, where this thread will discuss news about International CN Channels and also its content.

Previous 12th Edition Thread:

Last edited:

StrikersSeventyOG

As of now of this day, I don't know if PGG shows are airing, either Reboot or Original but I am sure going to be a reboot coming this July 1st. Asia is still airing PGG reboot despite its end in 2019. In the Philippines schedule, I will keep eye of those but idk where I can get more schedules whole month of July 2022.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Well I was sitting in front of my PC waiting for something to happen on Cartoon Network Poland and nothing happened
In The End , Cartoon Network Poland will rebrand in August/September
But remember what she said:

1656314040818.png

at the beginning of summer holidays, which is today (in Poland)

Francisque

But remember what she said:

View attachment 298317
at the beginning of summer holidays, which is today (in Poland)
Yes, but it can also be early July, to let it coincide with other CEE feeds (Inc. Germany) , and so on.

In a way or the other, it's coming, and rather imminent.

CN Poland doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's controlled by the same people of other nations with different traditions, and so on

J10

The poromo for "Gumball All Summer Long" Marathon has been announced lately by the channel, and there is no Coming Soon, just being in a hurry in airing the timing promo, which is lasted for 15 seconds.

Markus Nelis

According to a person on Facebook. Something regarding The Fungies ban from the Bulgarian PR agency that works with CN, who asked them: "Due to the merger of WarnerMedia and Discovery, there have been a lot of changes, including the scheduling of the shows."

I think this is just an excuse and they don't bother with real reasons.

Francisque

Some observations about RYW:
-not only we know it will happen, but the EMEA rebrand had already been planned back in March,.for this Summer: the RYW rebrand in Italy will be accompanied by murals with Tweety on that all around 30 Italian cities, because of Tweety's 80th anniversary

WBD are also redisignning the parks of some Italian cities, leading to RYW.

- the new LA idents are likely from.and for EMEA, since their design seems clearly influenced by that.
-no panic, the rebrands will happen, and likely this Summer, maybe even on the same day of the 1st of July, let's see and keep your eyes peeled!
- the fact current promos use Dimensional elements, must be no fear , because many times WB doesn't like to spoil viewers, and everything can be modified at once.
- promos for RYW are already running, letting people wait. For more than 2 months, would be unprofessional

CassandraRO

Yes, but it can also be early July, to let it coincide with other CEE feeds (Inc. Germany) , and so on.

In a way or the other, it's coming, and rather imminent.

CN Poland doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's controlled by the same people of other nations with different traditions, and so on
In conclusion,Poland and CEE will rebrand when Germany will do it

Francisque

So? What's wrong with rebranding on a Friday :) .

It's actually a "good day" to do it... either way, we don't know much, it could happen on the 4th of July or another day of July.
According to a person on Facebook. Something regarding The Fungies ban from the Bulgarian PR agency that works with CN, who asked them: "Due to the merger of WarnerMedia and Discovery, there have been a lot of changes, including the scheduling of the shows."

I think this is just an excuse and they don't bother with real reasons.
That's a shame

narq

Don't get your hopes up. Rebranding on July 1 would be the secondary option since it's a Friday, not Monday. Expect the rebrand on July 4th. Either that day or at least on July 11th.
Cartoon Network Poland and Germany rebranded to Check It 4.0 on September 1st 2016, which was a
Thursday, so it is definitely possible.

Francisque

Many rebrands on CN UK happened on a Friday, actually.

It's the start of the weekend too, so it's far from impossible

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

Cartoon Network Poland and Germany rebranded to Check It 4.0 on September 1st 2016, which was a
Thursday, so it is definitely possible.
There was actually a good reason for that. Most places started school, while nothing really happens on July 1st. Maybe we should see instead of us trying to take the word when they rebrand. None of us actually know.

I can't argue with the fact even if Friday is a perfect time. However I think it's more perfect when they rebrand on a Monday. At least CN Nordic has been doing this for CHECK it 1,0, 3.0 4.0 and Dimensional. Pretty much the entire decade.

Besides even if it's a sad thing for some IF it doesn't rebrand on July 1st. There's not a big gap between that and the Monday 4th.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
My money is on August 26-September 5 for CEE. Also, I predict they will become more aggresive with the localization going forward. But of course I may be naive and wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts