Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Well , to be fair, RYW has many issues when it comes to Next bumpers, almost unbelievable.
The Next bumpers are very epilepsy inducing, and also look tired already

Hopefully this rebrand will solve this, although I'm a bit tired.

Hopefully we won't be back to a situation where EMEA rebrands to RYW being late to everything once again...

Francisque

Sorry for the second post in a row, but hypotheses of why this happening:

- US new management not liking the previous rebrand, mostly because of too much black and strange next bumpers, plus too much actions with the shows, some of them dying already
- EMEA further informing US that epileptic branding could not work in EMEA, and a need for a coherent international look.
- a mix of both.

Anyway, I'm open to a good new rebrand, as long as it's AT LAST coherent, really international this time, has no issue with epilepsy, with too many chaotic themes and so on.

Hopefully EMEA won't mess it around and give us a RYW original take, meaning it won't last long again (1 year or so), before gaining the Us rebrand later and so on, à la Check It 4.0 pre-Dimensional.

I already like the Next bumpers simplicity more than the Dimensional US ones anyway.
I want to see more of this "rebrand".

I don't care if it still uses a colour mix theme, unlike some of you.

I also hope EMEA won't have to wait until Summerish, it's really TOO MUCH now.

narq

That newest rebrand is for CN USA only, although it's unknown if CN EMEA will get that kind of rebrand or stay in Dimensional era forever.
True. Although for EMEA there's something to note, in November German feeds will remove all blocks that use Check It 4.0 or Dimensional (Toony Tube and Giggletime). That might mean they will rebrand to Redraw Your World (or this CN US rebrand, if it's not US only) in November. A rebrand to RDYW would make some sense since it would be exactly a year after CN US rebranded, and that's usually when it happens here.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I don't like the finale transition...looks like some fanmade bumper and it gives me Cartoonito vibes
Redraw Your World was better
I had the same feeling, the "up next" bumper and the "epilepsy warning" bumper kinda have Cartoonito vibes (especially with the font). I would call this "Redraw Your World 2.0" if there will be more of this stuff.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Honestly looks worse than something some of us could do. Has Paint and Cartoonito vibes. Kinda low budget. And epileptic. I hope it's fake. Where did it come from anyway?

Francisque

Honestly looks worse than something some of us could do. Has Paint and Cartoonito vibes. Kinda low budget. And epileptic. I hope it's fake. Where did it come from anyway?
It's still to early, let's wait and see how this rebrand really looks like later

Checkerboard

The thing is though we dont need it. Rebranding every year... Not many channels do it because its counterproductive. It just is chaotic and shows you are not confident with the branding you have. Worst case it puts viewers off and you lose money. Rdyw hasnt even launched in Europe yet and already we see a hint of something else instead. Sorry, but management of WBD is pure mess. Terrible coordination. Sometimes I think they should have just five feeds like in the 90s because it would make things more coherent.

dip

Idk if this is real, but if it is, then we've got a new rebrand! That probably means that CN EMEA will skip Redraw Your World.
Also, there was this new epilepsy warning and I don't think anybody thought it's a new rebrand.
although this is a major downgrade from the redraw your world branding, this still looks kinda nice! i love the vibe they're going for with the warp and reflection effects seen at the beginning of the bump, and the endtag at the end has a p nice animation. although its a little too early to judge, i'd say this has potential!

josie

Another US ''rebrand''? What else is new. These half-arsed rebrands are pathetic and look so bad, CN US is constantly going from bad to worse. It's no wonder Europe is not bothering with any of these amateur projects and sticking to what it has.

Maybe one day, CN will invest in a proper rebrand, a total change with a whole new look, theme, feel and everything that's supposed to be part of a real new look.

Markus Nelis

I doubt that EMEA will rebrand to RYW at this point. Discovery wants this upcoming look globally which CN US probably starts on November 1st. The whole thing in EMEA was just a campaign, not a hype up to RYW era at the end. Really fits to the whole Warner Bros. Discovery umbrella, too.

Once again, people for some reason dislike modern CN looks and it's just sad to read. The full rebrand hasn't even started yet but people judge by one 5s bumper. Just wait and be patience,

Francisque

Indeed @Markus Nelis , I'm.tired of people dissing looks too early and criticizing everything in a biased manner, although a lot could be said by the Warner management.

But hopefully this rebrand will be global, so we don't have silly differences among the feeds and so on.

Some people want CN change the logo and the look completely, but would be that for the better?

I don't think so, I'm afraid to say some people don't understand how branding works

Checkerboard

although this is a major downgrade from the redraw your world branding, this still looks kinda nice! i love the vibe they're going for with the warp and reflection effects seen at the beginning of the bump, and the endtag at the end has a p nice animation. although its a little too early to judge, i'd say this has potential!
I agree it looks more cheap. I also agree it looks less pop. The colors are more dull and technically it's more basic. It actually reminds me of what I pitched to them in 2014. At the same time I find these 5 seconds to be more unpleasent on the eyes than RDYW as a whole.

J10

CN USA never aired Lamput on its linear channel.
I was wondering, because I said it was fake, and someone said it's sadly real, and I replied that I don't like to see a post here, and in it a "Rare and Real" videos, as if it's really happening, like in the previous times (e.g. CN Canada closure, which is fake, and RYW one for some videos, unless it's really happened and official).

Now, if there is a new rebrand, then maybe it'll arrive to Europe and Canada rather than RYW, and Asia will be stuck with RYW.

Last edited:

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
I was wondering, because I said it was fake, and someone said it's sadly real, and I replied that I don't like to see a post here, and in it a "Rare and Real" videos, as if it's really happening, like in the previous times (e.g. CN Canada closure, which is fake, and RYW one for some videos, unless it's really happened and official).

Now, if there is a new rebrand, then maybe it'll arrive to Europe and Canada rather than RYW, and Asia will be stuck with RYW.
I would expect Latin America to rebrand as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts