Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

I mean yeah, but in the 90s despite limited technology you could quite clearly tell what channel is what. These days you have similar looks because one is doing something and others copy to monetize on it since its easier than to come up with something risky and unique. These days its about unification in excess amount.
I feel like you're being too hyperbolic and nostalgic :D.

Honestly yeah, while I loved some graphics from the 90s , mostly the late era, most of them were rather cheapish looking, due to the limited technology , and you're wrong, many channels were similar looking even during that era.
I think late 90s-2000 were much much better

But I think you can still easily tell which channel is now, even in 2022.
Nick, CN and Disney and look rather distant, or relatively so

Francisque

The problems with RYW is not so much the colours, it's the mixture with black and again, the strange movements which scream epilepsy with the Next bumpers.
Remember also the Dimensional presentation by the Canadian company? Looking it back now, it really screams epileptic

I think this one looks calmer, which is the way I like it.

Anyway guys, it's really too early, it can turn out being the best thing on Earth, and we're criticizing it already

dip

watching the live feed of cn us, it seems redraw your world has officially been shuttered. a new screenbug (with odd placement) is now in effect

oddly enough there's no animation, it just appears on screen
1664809497020.png

Francisque

This is the new intro for the CN France YouTuber, possibly looking as outdated as it possibly could

J10

This is the new intro for the CN France YouTuber, possibly looking as outdated as it possibly could
It was used on CN MENA promo, which was aired on CN Arabic, few months ago. There is no need to promote CN MENA Channel nowadays.

Also, I agree with this quote, having much feeds across EMEA would be unnecessary, especially after what happened in February 2022’s crisis across Europe, and also having messy managements. I wish if Kieli stayed in her position as CEO of EMEA, rather than this messy management, not putting Africa in its right role and always relate it to France/Benelux, and splitting a country from EMEA. It’s time to follow Paramount’s path in merging the feeds, and also follow Discovery EMEA’s way of feeds’ distributing.
The thing is though we dont need it. Rebranding every year... Not many channels do it because its counterproductive. It just is chaotic and shows you are not confident with the branding you have. Worst case it puts viewers off and you lose money. Rdyw hasnt even launched in Europe yet and already we see a hint of something else instead. Sorry, but management of WBD is pure mess. Terrible coordination. Sometimes I think they should have just five feeds like in the 90s because it would make things more coherent.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

I remember that even RDYW was critisized last year and now people seem to love it. I feel like this upcoming one will also be liked soon. The more you see it, the better it is than you originally thought.
No panic, y'all will most likely like it sooner than later. Even Checkerboard said earlier that RDYW was growing on him. I think the new look will too at some point.

We don't know much about upcoming rebrand yet. However some positives: good and calm music and good logo transition at the end. CHECK it 1.0 jingle is still there, however a little calmer and different. Good that this nostalgic jingle stays, but they try to take a different take from it by the calmer sound.

Francisque

It was used on CN MENA promo, which was aired on CN Arabic, few months ago. There is no need to promote CN MENA Channel nowadays.

Also, I agree with this quote, having much feeds across EMEA would be unnecessary, especially after what happened in February 2022’s crisis across Europe, and also having messy managements. I wish if Keili stayed in her position as CEO of EMEA, rather than this messy management, not putting Africa in its right role and always relate it to France/Benelux, and splitting a country from EMEA. It’s time to follow Paramount’s path in merging the feeds, and also follow Discovery EMEA’s way of feeds’ distributing.
Oh no, don't let them have ideas.

I don't want them to be Paramount 2.0
I remember that even RDYW was critisized last year and now people seem to love it. I feel like this upcoming one will also be liked soon. The more you see it, the better it is than you originally thought.
No panic, y'all will most likely like it sooner than later. Even Checkerboard said earlier that RDYW was growing on him. I think the new look will too at some point.

We don't know much about upcoming rebrand yet. However some positives: good and calm music and good logo transition at the end. CHECK it 1.0 jingle is still there, however a little calmer and different. Good that this nostalgic jingle stays, but they try to take a different take from it by the calmer sound.
This, yet many already have prejudices

J10

Oh no, don't let them have ideas.

I don't want them to be Paramount 2.0
I'm not saying they must copy from them (e.g. Global/Commercial feeds of Paramount Channels). I mean they don't rebrand earlier and their management are lazy on this, and so, having less feeds will easily let them go forward with treating the channels well and rebrand easily.

josie

I guess I'll be a negative nellie, yet again, but it baffles me how anyone can say these 5 second UP NEXT idents are good. It's beyond basic and bland, literally any one of us could make this on our own computers. A screenshot/video from the cartoon on one half of the screen with the black background and the show title on the other. How creative! These make the RYW epileptic ones look like peak creativity.

I hope Europe does not adopt this amateurish mess.

The new US logo looks nice, smaller and appropriate for a widescreen channel in 21th century. Have they aired any other new elements of the continuity? I'm not even sure what exactly constitutes a CN US look, besides the endboards and up next idents, they barely show any idents before the show starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts