Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palk Áron 2002

2000s Hungarian TV Blooregarder and Artist
I've never seen the second yellow Arrow bumper (with the comedy-styled music) in full until now.

Same goes with the Space bumper (with the CARTOON NETWORK wordmark appearing below).

Plus, I did not have a chance to see those two bumpers when I watched CN. I only remember all of the other variants seen in these videos.

J10

Good News:
Cartoon Network MENA is now available on the newly-basic package, Together. This happens after they split Kids Channels into groups, where some are on the Basic Package like Jeem, Baraem, and Baby TV only, while others are on the highest 3 packages.
1614643100117.png

Last edited:

CNC

Your wish is my command!
Wait so if CN NL is now part of the French team, then why are they still airing extremely outdated CHECK It 4.0-era Up Next bumpers?

I was expecting them to air, well, Dutch versions of the CN France Up Next bumpers...

Last edited:
Wait so if CN NL is now part of the French team, then why are they still airing extremely outdated CHECK It 4.0-era Up Next bumpers?

I was expecting them to air, well, Dutch versions of the CN France Up Next bumpers...
For the same reason that the CEE feeds were still using the UK-style check it next bumps after they became German-controlled, things like this simply don't happen overnight (and it would be weird if they did)

RegularCapital

I guess they're waiting for the next rebrand cycle, no need to adapt a branding package that will likely be replaced soon. The new structure only came into force in January, so I wouldn't expect any drastic changes.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
It would be weird if we didn't get at least Dimensional next bumpers on CEE this year, though perhaps a full rebrand even.

Gumball Chronicles bumper

And logo added today

Last edited:

Walker

I've never seen the second yellow Arrow bumper (with the comedy-styled music) in full until now.

Same goes with the Space bumper (with the CARTOON NETWORK wordmark appearing below).

Plus, I did not have a chance to see those two bumpers when I watched CN. I only remember all of the other variants seen in these videos.
Good evening to you all. My first post on the forum. First I want to ask a question and then I want to tell you something. For example, if I want to delete my account after a long time, do you know how to do it?

Anyway I want to ask the following question. This video rather Arrow ident , it was shown on Cartoon Network Turkey channel in between the dates 2008-2011. But was different than the Cartoon Network Turkey channel . Why did this happen?

Last edited:

Moleoman

The first two continuities, judging by Easter-themed idents are from April 2003. I find it quite interesting that the "Connect your favourite programmes" filler at 0:48 was used as a promo for shows available in Hungarian from 16:00 CET. For comparsion, the Polish version of the promo was more generic, but the translation was also mishandled (probably a bit more than in Hungarian versions, where Bubbles was accidentaly refered to as a male):

The last continuity seems to be from... January 1, 2006, judging by the special New Year's day hour-long blocks lineup bumper (and the fact that on this recording "Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi" was followed by "Dexter's Laboratory").

Markus Nelis

So even CN Nordic now has Gumball and Ninjago at night. Luckily not in the evening.
Depends of what do you mean by evening. Ninjago is there at 7p for one episode and Gumball has a slot at 8:30p but they don't air them a lot but they do after midnight (12a)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
That was called Blocks Around the Clocks on CN EMEA. Unfortunately there are very few recordings of EMEA during this period and as a longtime (former) EMEA/Africa viewer, sad to see that I can't find English versions of many of these bumpers and promos online. It's as if they're deleting my childhood.

December 2004 had a simpler-looking promo that seemed to have Cs rotating on one square and footage of the shows in the other. No footage of it exists, but I guess CEE had it too.

EDIT: Turns out this promo was uploaded in 2018, but only now I discovered it. Apparently some time before the Boomerang channel started in the UK, the block (that was on CN EMEA at its very start in 1993) returned, but using its own branding. However when the channel actually launched, the USA branding was used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

This song made me realize how it's rare for most projects to pair up Goofy and Daisy, yet they play well off of each other.
Man, animation Twitter has stooped on the new low where they bullied a girl to a suicide for liking a character they don't.

May she rest in peace.
Hello there Just looking for someone to talk about The N with

Featured Posts