Cartoon Network's (Upcoming) 30th Anniversary

Toonhead2002Ultra

Good. Everything after Ego Trip was awful.
I half agree. While the Saving era was way worse than the first two seasons and incredibly mediocre, I'd say there were a handful of good or watchable episodes. Those seasons are better than PPG 2016, Problem Solverz, and a lot of the CN Real stuff at least.

Moe

I'm disappointed that CN didn't air old H-B shows like Yogi Bear, Popeyes, MGM cartoons (Tom and Jerry, Droopy) and Looney Tunes shorts. *sarcastic*

It was early 1990s. :D

cartoo5007

I think it's look like that cartoon network decided to make the savino era non canon

Savino was mostly on boomerang. They showed Savino on Cartoon Network in 2011, but it was very rare. This time around it looks like there will be no savino at all, even the CN execs are embarrassed by that era.

This reminds me of how nicktoons only showed pre-movie episodes of SpongeBob and only pre cancellation episodes of the Fairly OddParents before the 2009 rebrand.

WMania

Check Out My Avatar Thread!
Picture1.png

The shows on Friday start at 6PM ET.

AnimatedFan01

Updated to cross out the shows which are now confirmed to air on their schedule during anniversary month. Let me know if there are others I forgot to cross out or shows I forgot to mention that were significant enough to be aired during their anniversary.
Now all we need is Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, PPG (original), Foster's, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Ben 10 (original), Flapjack, Uncle Grandpa (HBO Max betrayed us), Steven Universe, Clarence, and Apple and Onion and CN's 30th Anniversary will be complete. I'm hoping they can throw in some surprises of short-lived shows we haven't seen on the network in a long time, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. But maybe October 1st will be that day...
Updated. Flapjack now joins the Rotating Classics. I predict Foster's will soon too.

Toonhead2002Ultra

just saw this and got the chills lol. also i find it kinda odd that adventure time and regular show are considered classics?
Well to be fair both shows started at least 12 years ago even if there style is the one CN uses for all of its shows afterward. Also since classic PPG is in this promo they should definitely air it at least a little bit before the anniversary celebrations are over.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I did notice for Dexter's Laboratory they cut the intro so I assume that's going to be the case for all the series which is sad as the intros as a part of those show's legacies but at least it is nice seeing Dexter's Lab again on CN.

Silver-7

the man of the minute
I did notice for Dexter's Laboratory they cut the intro so I assume that's going to be the case for all the series which is sad as the intros as a part of those show's legacies but at least it is nice seeing Dexter's Lab again on CN.
most likely yea, CN pretty much makes 30secs the limit for intros now

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
most likely yea, CN pretty much makes 30secs the limit for intros now

Actually 20 seconds seems like the limit now since Dexter's Laboratory intro is actually 30 seconds long. Then again even sometimes 20 seconds intros are too much for CN (see Gumball's intro being cut down) but still messed up they won't even show it for this special occasion since not like they are going to air Dexter's Lab again... well maybe in 10 years but until then.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts