Cartoon Network's (Upcoming) 30th Anniversary

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
It's honestly kind of funny that what may be my two biggest special interests- Cartoon Network and Walt Disney World- share a birthday that are a good 20 years apart. Also my mom, of all things

But happy 30th to what's still the best place for toons, even with certain things going on!

I'm currently still working on something special for the date, but don't forget to check out the official livestream! Right now it's playing the prom episode of Teen Titans.

Silver-7

Tad Ghostal
this has been pretty good celebration so far, heres to more shows, less cancellations and write offs, and better branding moving forward!

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Happy 30th birthday, Cartoon Network!
I'm currently still working on something special for the date, but don't forget to check out the official livestream! Right now it's playing the prom episode of Teen Titans.
It seems like they've had a good variety of shows on that live stream so far. I skimmed back, and I've seen Fosters Home, Ben 10, Ed, Ed, and Eddy, Looney Tunes, etc.

MrBabySpencer

Happy 30th anniversary, Cartoon Network!

I remember having a lot of memories watching CN as a kid. While the network is sort of in a rut now, I hope things can get better and CN can thrive again. Here's to another 30 more years of CN. You are my favorite kids network outside of Toon Disney and Nickelodeon.

Silver-7

Tad Ghostal
something i noticed in the live stream, when they played the power episode of regular show, they played the uncensored version, even though when they aired it on TV, they aired the censored version, and the versions on hulu and (i think) HBO max have the censored versions, to my knowledge even the DVD's use the censored version

Toonhead2002Ultra

This would be nice but why wouldn't Adventure Time and Regular Show need special times during CN's 30th? They were instrumental in saving Cartoon Network from going under in 2010 after they pushed live action the previous year. I feel like they're both way too important to the network to not get air time during the festivities. My list of older shows would be this...

Definitely:
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Ed Edd n Eddy
Courage
Billy & Mandy
Kids Next Door
Foster's Home
Camp Lazlo
Chowder
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Gumball
Steven Universe
Clarence
We Bare Bears
OK KO
Apple & Onion

Maybe:
Johnny Bravo
Cow and Chicken
I Am Weasel
Evil Con Carne
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Flapjack
Uncle Grandpa
Mighty Magiswords

Obviously I wouldn't include all of these shows, but most of the ones I put under definitely airing on the anniversary would be amazing! Also this is more of a nitpick but I don't think Flintstones or Scooby Doo Where Are You? would really fit for a CN 30th anniversary. Both of those shows are pretty dated animation wise, and most would probably associate them with Boomerang over CN nowadays.
I'd honestly say that CN fulfilled a lot of my requests. Camp Lazlo and OK KO were the only shows in the definitely column that CN didn't show in any capacity. Meanwhile Flapjack, Uncle Grandpa, and Cow and Chicken (youtube live-stream only), were the only shows in the maybe category that CN showed for us today. On top of that Camp Lazlo, and Johnny Bravo characters were seen in some of the City bumpers in the livestream and OK KO, I Am Weasel, Camp Lazlo, and Gym Partner were referenced in that running CN characters video they showed on twitter. Also I forgot to add Ben 10 to the list, but it'd be in the definitely category if I hadn't, and the live-stream aired the episode "Back With a Vengeance" from that series.

Last edited:

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Happy 30th birthday to my favorite network of all time Cartoon Network. I grew up with Cartoon Network and I had some many good memories here's to more years.

cartoon-network-1992-logo-1-jpg.108762
-
cartoon-network-2004-logo-2-png.109522
-
cartoon-network-may-2010-logo-2-png.109532

October 1st, 1992 - October 1st, 2022

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts