Cartoon series with great concepts but were still horribly executed

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Rick and Morty. I kept hearing great things about the show, and I did like the concept of it, but then I watched the first couple of episodes and was really dissapointed. I didn't laugh once, found the characters, especially their voices, really annoying, and it's animation/art style is nothing to write home about.

AdrenalineRush1996

Rick and Morty. I kept hearing great things about the show, and I did like the concept of it, but then I watched the first couple of episodes and was really dissapointed. I didn't laugh once, found the characters, especially their voices, really annoying, and it's animation/art style is nothing to write home about.
It's pretty much now among the animated shows with a very divisive fanbase, especially that Szechuan sauce incident.

Freddy

Heh, I actually named Rick and Morty a show that had no right to be as good as it turned out in an another thread. Not mad or anything, just found it amusing.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sonic Underground. No, really.

The basic concepts in the show are the kind that usually have me hooked: orphan siblings, an enslaved distopia setting, a quest to reunite with their parents... it had it all. Unfortunately, it got all crumbled down by sloppy execution, bad editing, and the lack of any real progression.

Freddy

I'm going to say Back to the Future the Animated Series.

Unlike with some other movie tie-in cartoons, the source material wasn't too raunchy or violent that you couldn't make a great cartoon show for kids based on BttF movies, that still kept true to the spirit of the movies. If they had taken the same approach as J. Michael Straczynski took with The Real Ghostbuster, I.E. keeping the tone and style of humor from the movie, but taking the advantage of animation over live-action, I think this show could have been great. But, they instead dumbed it down, took it into an overly cartoony direction and made Doc's and Clara's kids the main characters over Marty and Doc.

Also, if you already have Christopher Lloyd doing live-action skits for your show, just give him the extra money you were going to pay to Dan Castellanate and have him also record Doc's lines for the actual show. No offence to Dan, his impersonation was great, but if you have Christopher Lloyd anyway, there's no good reason to recast his most iconic role.

Dantheman

The Dick Tracy cartoons from the 1950s, that got syndicated when the Warren Beatty movie came out. Instead of Dick Tracy going after Flattop or Prune Face, he would either send a couple of racist sterotypes, a Japanese guy named Joe Jitsu or a Mexican named Go-go Gomez, because he couldn't be bothered to do it himself? That's why this show was bad: Dick Tracy was a supporting character in his own show!

Naturally, groups complained, and the show was pulled from syndication, for good reason.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Dick Tracy cartoons from the 1950s, that got syndicated when the Warren Beatty movie came out. Instead of Dick Tracy going after Flattop or Prune Face, he would either send a couple of racist sterotypes, a Japanese guy named Joe Jitsu or a Mexican named Go-go Gomez, because he couldn't be bothered to do it himself? That's why this show was bad: Dick Tracy was a supporting character in his own show!

Naturally, groups complained, and the show was pulled from syndication, for good reason.
Good one. But he wasn't even a supporting character. He was a cameo.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Ultimate Spider-Man could've been a perfectly serviceable Superhero show but it thoroughly squandered it's potential with it's insistence on talking down to it's target audience.
And honestly, I felt Man of Action themselves were the wrong choice to do USM plus I wasn't very happy when they dissed Spectacular.

(At least IMHO) You can definitely say THIS about just about ANY Disney Marvel animated series that isn't Big Hero 6: TAS, admittedly.

Sonic Underground. No, really.

The basic concepts in the show are the kind that usually have me hooked: orphan siblings, an enslaved distopia setting, a quest to reunite with their parents... it had it all. Unfortunately, it got all crumbled down by sloppy execution, bad editing, and the lack of any real progression.
I mean, we are talking about a show that only had a year in production, not that much

Enviado desde mi SM-A105F mediante Tapatalk

JMTV Studios

Jellystone and Tig n Seek.

I really wanted to like these shows because their concepts were so interesting and fun, but the execution was wasted and it was such a huge disappointment for me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Then something bad is intensifying!
Asa
Peanuts creator Charles Schultz would've turned 99 years old today.
Lost of Christmas stuff on tonight Frosty and Frosty Returns is on CBS tonight, it's always on the night after Thanksgiving, so is Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer on The CW, and NBC has the Original Grinch, ABC has Santa Claus is Comin' to town (though if you prefer to watch this one un edited Freeform is the better place to watch it )
Nick@nite finally got new Christmas brand just today started 6am!

Featured Posts