Cartoon sound clips used on Svengoolie

Low Spark of Lyman

Swell view, eh doc?
The Joe Besser-esque "Not so fast!" seems to be from Birth of a Notion, at least if you ask me.

I also heard an Alfred Hitchcock line; don't remember what it was, though.

And yes, I know tonight's program was previously aired (for the most part*) on Halloween 2020, but nothing wrong with revisiting, right?

*The fan mail segment seems to be the primary exception.

EDIT 5/21/2022: I think the Hitchcock line was something like "My mind [sometimes?] moves in mysterious directions." It just came on tonight's movie: Dr. Phibes Rises Again

Last edited:

Low Spark of Lyman

Swell view, eh doc?
I don't think this has been acknowledged before: "How many times have I told you the phone is not for fun and games anymore?!" (or something like that), spoken by what sounds like a parody of Mr. Rogers.

EDIT: "No way. That's way too creepy." Has that been brought up before? (Sorry, movie's starting right now.)

EDIT 2: The line I brought up before was actually "Don't use the phone for fun and games anymore!" Which I've traced to I Saw What You Did (1965), which has been shown on Svengoolie before.

EDIT 3: "EEEEEeeeyuch!" Has that sort of thing been covered before? I did point out an "Eee-yuck", but I don't know if that's the same thing. It's surely not the "Raw! Raw! Rooster!" entry, at any rate.

Last edited:

Classic Speedy

Let it haunt your nightmares
Staff member
Reporter
There’s a clip he keeps using of a lady saying “Uh-oh!” followed by giggling. Well, I’m watching I Love Lucy right now and I just heard Ethel say this. The episode is “Ricky’s Contract” from Season 4.

I think the lady saying “You scared me!” might be from I Love Lucy as well.
Yes, "You scared me!" is from Lucy. Can't remember which episode off-hand though.

Low Spark of Lyman

Swell view, eh doc?
Just tonight, w/ Trilogy of Terror- when one actor in the film had been noted for appearing in the television version of Logan's Run, apparently a clip of Col. Klink from Hogan's Heroes played, especially since it played into the gag Sven gave in response.

EDIT: "Oh no?", apparently from Boris Karloff in Frankenstein 1970, heard in the beginning of tonight's episode, It! The Terror from Beyond Space. I've seen it before, so I don't plan on watching much this time (this finding was more from luck).

Last edited:

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
Hey!
Apologies that I haven't checked this thread in a while, I've just been preoccupied with other stuff.
I felt like hopping on here to say, nice work, all of you! Nice to see this place still up and running, and mad props to you folks for ID'ing the sources of these fun little sound-bites.

Classic Speedy

Let it haunt your nightmares
Staff member
Reporter
Fiend Without a Face:

Hare-way to the Stars:
Marvin the Martian: Delays, delays...

Hyde and Hare:
Bugs: Why! I've never been so insulted in all my life!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Wrote a little review for Kids Next Door: Operation Zero today. Quite a nice watch that expanded the universe in fun and interesting ways, as per usual.
Looks like there is some good news!

Asa
I speculate this third pandemic winter could end up being it's very last one, ever (we don't need to have too many).
Went to TGI Friday's for my birthday yesterday. Had a great time there despite the chilly weather in Leicester Square.

Featured Posts