Cartoonito - News & Discussion Thread

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Why, Cartoon Network, why. As if Christina Miller wasn't worse. Michael Ouwenteen was a better choice to run the network. Someone just get me to run CN, it's at its lowest right now! BRING BACK THE POWERHOUSE ERA!!

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
CN is at risk of another dork, if not oitright, dark age, if they overdo this appealing to mostly preschoolers plan they're so desperate to implement, now.
Cartoons are supposed to be for everyone and doing too much crap like this sets this already troubled medium back far too much for its own good.

There's a reason anime, and especially those who obsess over it, while dissing constantly on Western animation, has been on the rise for awhile where Western fare is struggling, despite reasonably thriving, thanks to the advent that is streaming in general. It's because we're still having to deal with people on charge who think Western animation is only for the littlest of children and not studying Europe and/or Japan and realizing all ages can enjoy animation, like they should be able to, dangit!

TL;DR - I'm glad streaming is becoming the new standard for overall good cartoons (and some anime I'm OK with) that don't speak down to their audiences and definitely know better than to do that, too. It ain't all perfect, but it's miles better than what CN is doing to itself now, in the grand scheme of things...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I can't wait for this block. Bugs Bunny Builders and Batwheels sound like so much fun. And I can't wait to be able to tape episodes of The Not-Too-Late Show With Elmo off the TV. Love that show.

whoisretro

CN is at risk of another dork, if not oitright, dark age, if they overdo this appealing to mostly preschoolers plan they're so desperate to implement, now.
Cartoons are supposed to be for everyone and doing too much crap like this sets this already troubled medium back far too much for its own good.

There's a reason anime, and especially those who obsess over it, while dissing constantly on Western animation, has been on the rise for awhile where Western fare is struggling, despite reasonably thriving, thanks to the advent that is streaming in general. It's because we're still having to deal with people on charge who think Western animation is only for the littlest of children and not studying Europe and/or Japan and realizing all ages can enjoy animation, like they should be able to, dangit!

TL;DR - I'm glad streaming is becoming the new standard for overall good cartoons (and some anime I'm OK with) that don't speak down to their audiences and definitely know better than to do that, too. It ain't all perfect, but it's miles better than what CN is doing to itself now, in the grand scheme of things...

I don't really understand why CN making a preschool block using the hours they do nothing with anyway have anything to with how the animation medium is viewed. People say animation is for everyone and then get mad when CN decides to make stuff for a demo they haven't before like if CN was exclusively doing preschool it would be a problem but they aren't they haven't forgot about the kids they already target and they some stuff coming that the older kids may like the Total Drama reboot, Unicorn and the Tiny Toons Reboot so it's not like they just want preschool now. And CN come fall will actually be a channel everyone can enjoy because they're will be stuff for everyone, preschool stuff for the younger kids, the shows they air now for the 6-11 years old and the content I named for the older kids (and Adult Swim also) so yeah. Also from a business standpoint what was CN really supposed to do, it's best to appeal and branch out to everyone and instead of one demo like they've been doing if they kept doing what they're doing they probably would've died for real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK

There's a reason why these networks are so focused on this demo.
Nickelodeon made that case and we scoffed at them for being so closed-minded, but they were invariably more aware of the industry shift. And now CN, the traditional network, is making it known they want to be like everyone else as all other attempts have either ended in loss or wound up on HBO Max.

Last edited:

Zanneck

I don't really understand why CN making a preschool block using the hours they do nothing with anyway have anything to with how the animation medium is viewed. People say animation is for everyone and then get mad when CN decides to make stuff for a demo they haven't before like if CN was exclusively doing preschool it would be a problem but they aren't they haven't forgot about the kids they already target and they some stuff coming that the older kids may like the Total Drama reboot, Unicorn and the Tiny Toons Reboot so it's not like they just want preschool now. And CN come fall will actually be a channel everyone can enjoy because they're will be stuff for everyone, preschool stuff for the younger kids, the shows they air now for the 6-11 years old and the content I named for the older kids (and Adult Swim also) so yeah. Also from a business standpoint what was CN really supposed to do, it's best to appeal and branch out to everyone and instead of one demo like they've been doing if they kept doing what they're doing they probably would've died for real.
There's a reason why these networks are so focused on this demo.
Nickelodeon made that case and we scoffed at them for being so close-minded, but they were invariably more aware of the industry shift. And now CN, the traditional network, is making it known they want to be like everyone else as all other attempts have either ended in loss or wound up on HBO Max.
I understand wholeheartedly what you two are saying. I just hope the guys doing this at CN actually know what they're doing. That means finding, having, and maintaining that actual balance that we all want to see so badly happen here.

Too bad the current scheduling plans about how many hours this new block will be taking up, so far, however - are not convincing me that that balance will be there, let alone be established, like it needs to be. Especially for this channel to start kicking butt in the right way again, like it used to.

To be fair, CN has been mismanaged for far too long, despite all the mostly great shows to come out in the past decade.

That means any change against said mismanagement are inevitablely going to be seen as a step up for those in charge. However, for this two way street to be well paved and cemented, the viewer must be in on it, therefore, OK with this, as well. The scheduling plans, again, are not convincing me (besides a lot of other people who I cannot speak for but can sympathize with) just yet, hence why I feel I'm going to be spending a lot more time with streaming until some more good content that is there comes soon, honestly.

Personally, I don't want to abandon CN for HBOMax, after all, which is why I'm looking forward to whatever good non-preschool fare that legit interests me, going forward. I'm just... Worried this ain't gonna go over as well as it should, more than anything. Like I said, balance is the key to this being acceptable changes worth the time and effort.

Dr.Pepper

Is classic Tom & Jerry and Looney Tuned going to be on Cartoonito (I thought I heard that)? If so, I think that would be a good thing to play in the 6 am hour.

josie

From what I've seen of CN US, this sounds like good news. At least there will be more variety with many Cartoonito shows while CN can play their other 2 shows for just 6 hours instead of the usual 14.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
From what I've seen of CN US, this sounds like good news. At least there will be more variety with many Cartoonito shows while CN can play their other 2 shows for just 6 hours instead of the usual 14.
I think we can expect more variety in those 6 hours since there are a lot of upcoming shows.

Adult Swim's stoner comedies have no place on a family channel at 8pm. Tom Ascheim claims CN will become a family channel, so they have no choice but to take some hours away from Adult Swim. Either that or make tamer adult cartoons. Both would be a win, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Zanneck

I think we can expect more variety in those 6 hours since there are a lot of upcoming shows.

Adult Swim's stoner comedies have no place on a family channel at 8pm. Tom Ascheim claims CN will become a family channel, so they have no choice but to take some hours away from Adult Swim. Either that or make tamer adult cartoons. Both would be a win, in my opinion.
If they're dead serious about this, then pretty much THIS.

whoisretro

I think Adult Swim is at least losing the 8PM hour, they honestly should've let CN keep it early when they had it a few months ago.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Is classic Tom & Jerry and Looney Tuned going to be on Cartoonito (I thought I heard that)? If so, I think that would be a good thing to play in the 6 am hour.
I’m pretty sure that was just in the sizzle reel to talk about the new preschool versions

Why, Cartoon Network, why. As if Christina Miller wasn't worse. Michael Ouwenteen was a better choice to run the network. Someone just get me to run CN, it's at its lowest right now! BRING BACK THE POWERHOUSE ERA!!
...I’m sorry, but I just have to address this. The Powerhouse era ran its course. I personally don’t see them bringing back the Powerhouse branding anytime soon. They lost the rights to the music, and do you know all that effort it will take to animate all of those characters from their shows into the bumpers?

Last edited:

Zanneck

...I’m sorry, but I just have to address this. The Powerhouse era ran its course. I personally don’t see them bringing back the Powerhouse branding anytime soon. They lost the rights to the music, and do you know all that effort it will take to animate all of those characters from their shows into the bumpers?
Agreed wholeheartedly. The bumpers for Powerhouse / City Era were nice, but the truth of it is I remember said era(s) for their overall shows standing out to me. The bumpers being good were nothing more than bonus points. Something people just don't seem to get or can't seem to accept, unfortunately.

May I ask why Adult Swim doesn't have its own separate channel yet?
Yeah - I'd like for that to happen here in the US, someday. That way, they can be a success on their own, as well as take @Red Arrow 's advice - make more tame content for the daytime, save their raunchier crap for the night. Sounds like a win-win to me, as then, CN's current regime can actually go all in 24/7 and actually make the family friendly channel they clearly want so badly, honestly. Don't get me started on the anime for fans of that you can then put on both the more family-friendly CN and Adult Swim's own channel - I'm not even into anime like most of the world (unless it's older stuff from my childhood, anyway) and I can already see the win-win scenario emerging from that as even more bonus points, honestly.
Why deny good business, right?

harry580

Yeah - I'd like for that to happen here in the US, someday. That way, they can be a success on their own, as well as take @Red Arrow 's advice - make more tame content for the daytime, save their raunchier crap for the night. Sounds like a win-win to me, as then, CN's current regime can actually go all in 24/7 and actually make the family friendly channel they clearly want so badly, honestly. Don't get me started on the anime for fans of that you can then put on both the more family-friendly CN and Adult Swim's own channel - I'm not even into anime like most of the world (unless it's older stuff from my childhood, anyway) and I can already see the win-win scenario emerging from that as even more bonus points, honestly.
Why deny good business, right?
if adult swim has a channel, will it be a new channel or replace a channel like Viacom replaced spike tv with paramount network/paramount movie network

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts