Cartoons on old VHS

powerjake

Banned
The idea of watching cartoons on VHS sounds fun at first but it has its great big downside. Having a limited number (like 1, 2 sometimes 3) of selected episodes of a series does not help as it leaves the viewer unhappy and wanting more episodes. It's so much better to watch cartoons on DVD, Blu-Ray, Streaming services or unofficial websites that have a variety of cartoons for viewing in alphabetical order. Does anyone still watch cartoons on old video tapes even if the copies are not perfect?.

The fate of Outdated VHS

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
I do, partly in cases where the cartoon (or part of a cartoon) is not available in contemporary formats, at least not easily. One example is "The Tick vs. Arthur", an episode from the third season of The Tick, which didn't get a DVD release here in the U.S. like (most of) the first two seasons.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I do sometimes, mainly around the holidays. My mom has these tapes of Christmas specials that she recorded in the 80s and 90s and I watch those every year. Otherwise, most of what I watch I can do so on DVD or other formats.

powerjake

Banned
I do, partly in cases where the cartoon (or part of a cartoon) is not available in contemporary formats, at least not easily. One example is "The Tick vs. Arthur", an episode from the third season of The Tick, which didn't get a DVD release here in the U.S. like (most of) the first two seasons.

I know how you feel about missing episodes, that one Tick episode being excluded feels incomplete.

Makes me feel like this when a company fails to release it all.

6e688dff6cf756e3b4d45cdaa738ff662e5d95cc.gif

Dr.Pepper

I don’t really have a working VCR, so I only do DVD and streaming. In my honest opinion, VHS is pretty much only good for nostalgia.

powerjake

Banned
I don’t really have a working VCR, so I only do DVD and streaming. In my honest opinion, VHS is pretty much only good for nostalgia.

The best part about DVD's and streaming is how clean everthing looks. VHS can be very dirty and has a strong chance of failing. I used to have a VCR but it was better to get rid of it including the clunky tapes.

the greenman

I watch Mighty Max ever so often. I seen some on Youtube, but I have the entire series from beginning to end. Probably the only animated series you'll ever find with a proper treatment like a real series. I think USA aired it in order one time and I kept writing down my own order to keep track.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

powerjake

Banned
The sad part about VHS is how is suffers from limited volumes. Sometimes DVD can have limited volumes but atleast streaming and unofficial cartoon websites make of for it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts