Cartoons You Wish You Paid More Attention to as a Kid

TsWade2

Jim Henson's Dog City. I mean, I was a kid in the 90's even though I was born in the mid 80's. I saw commercials of them, but never to watch it on TV, until I finally watch them on both Youtube and itunes.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Gravity Falls, hands down.

I remember seeing commercials for it on Disney Channel back when I was 12-13 years old in 2012, but I never watched it mostly because I was burned out by Disney Channel during that time, and lost interest in watching cable TV in general and focus on watching YouTube videos.

I heard people talking about it in passing when the show became popular at the time, but I never paid attention to it.

It wasn't until late 2017-or early 2018 (a year after Gravity Falls ended), I started to getting back to my Disney Channel groove, and starting watching Gravity Falls for the very first time.

When I first watched it, I actually enjoyed it, and I thought it was a very fun show. Then, I started watching one of the episodes again on Disney Plus recently, and I absolutely adored it all over again. Gravity Falls feels like a show can actually fit in the early 2000's era of Disney Channel perfectly.

I wish I should pay attention to Gravity Falls more often when it first came out because it is really great show, and still is to this day. That, and the show made me want to watch Disney Channel a little bit longer after 2012.

Last edited:

Moe

I missed a lot of episodes for various cartoon shows because of schedule conflict, so I had school, do homework, take shower, bed early, going to shopping, after school care, sport games, play video games and other reasons. As for deaf school, sometime, students are pushed to socialize, recreation games, play sports, study hall and go to town, so it was hard for me to get on track with cartoon shows. I was frustrated about missed many Pokémon episodes and sometime, record with VCR went mess.

I was able to catch up with animated shows on Nick in 1990s.

I should have to pay attention to Batman animated shows and Superman in 1990s - I got distracted a lot, and realized about how great was shows.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Probably should have checked out Fillmore, now that everybody gushes about it. But it was from the "EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ABOUT SCHOOL" era that turned me off, so...I skipped that sucker.

Petran Markou

I wish I had recorded more cartoons on VHS back then. Many are hard to find if not lost in some dubs

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts