"Catwoman: Hunted" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Road to Gotham

Good to see another obscure Bat-Villain in animation. Never appeared on B:TB&TB.

1629800240854.png

the greenman

I didn't see this posted, but I read earlier this week, somewhere online (Tweet) that Greg says like the Green Arrow short, this film is adjacent to YJ.

Like the Green Arrow short I did ages ago, it overlaps #YoungJustice continuity without strictly speaking being a part of it.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I didn't see this posted, but I read earlier this week, somewhere online (Tweet) that Greg says like the Green Arrow short, this film is adjacent to YJ.
Nice catch. Greg's tweet was from Saturday. Very cool, so a version of Hunted happens in the Earth-16 canon like his DC Showcase Green Arrow short. If I recall, he was all set to tell that version of the short in the tie-in comics but the powers that be wanted him to shift to the Invasion era of stories and we've gotten a few details about it like it more involved the Arrow Family whereas in the Showcase short the only hero primarily involved was just Green Arrow (and Black Canary at the end).

Frontier

Staff member

Nice catch. Greg's tweet was from Saturday. Very cool, so a version of Hunted happens in the Earth-16 canon like his DC Showcase Green Arrow short. If I recall, he was all set to tell that version of the short in the tie-in comics but the powers that be wanted him to shift to the Invasion era of stories and we've gotten a few details about it like it more involved the Arrow Family whereas in the Showcase short the only hero primarily involved was just Green Arrow (and Black Canary at the end).
I speculated as much considering Kelly Hu was voicing Cheshire...and we haven't seen Catwoman or Batwoman get much focus in YJ, so it might be a good way of showing them off and keeping it soft canon :p.

the greenman

I speculated as much considering Kelly Hu was voicing Cheshire...and we haven't seen Catwoman or Batwoman get much focus in YJ, so it might be a good way of showing them off and keeping it soft canon :p.
I'm sure he'll probably be bringing this factoid up on DCFandome, if we get an announcement. Wondering if. YJ: Outsiders Batman Inc. kinda had inspiration from events here.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
It's pretty cool this could take place in the Earth-16 continuity. I don't know if when Weisman wrote the script (i.e. between season 3 and 4) has any impact on when the movie might have taken place but it's interesting to think about.

EDIT:
The movie is rated PG-13 for "violence, bloody images and suggestive material". This sums up Catwoman in general pretty well. :p

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the trailer. The movie will be released on February 8, 2022.
Well, it definitely looks like an anime :p.

Looks like Selina ends up working with Interpol and teaming-up with Batwoman :D.

Oh hey, Barbara-Minerva is the main villain? Is she already Cheetah? Those green eyes and long ears don't look fully human :oops:.

Cheshire even using her YJ design :cool:.

Lots of costume cameos :rolleyes2:.

That scene of Selina in her Golden Age outfit flirting with the guy dressed as Batman is priceless :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Then something bad is intensifying!
Asa
Peanuts creator Charles Schultz would've turned 99 years old today.
Lost of Christmas stuff on tonight Frosty and Frosty Returns is on CBS tonight, it's always on the night after Thanksgiving, so is Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer on The CW, and NBC has the Original Grinch, ABC has Santa Claus is Comin' to town (though if you prefer to watch this one un edited Freeform is the better place to watch it )
Nick@nite finally got new Christmas brand just today started 6am!

Featured Posts