"Nova" (unconfirmed) News & Discussion Thread

Frontier

Staff member
I just need me a Hulk film again!Noticed that kid Peter Parker is over. So now they'll get Richard Rider.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Well, yeah, they can probably do more with Nova and Ms. Marvel than they can Spidey at this point...

Last edited by a moderator:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Nova has been rumored for what feels like an eternity.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Just a few weeks ago, I was bugging a buddy again with my seasonal chatter about how Marvel should have done Nova ages ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Probably related to the posting about the MCU space series. About time.
I guess we need someone to replace the Guardians as the go-to cosmic movie o_O.

(And now they have access to Annihilus...hmm...)

Frontier

Staff member
I don't know if I see them being able to pull off Nova on a Disney+ series budget unless they find a way to focus more on the civilian life. Even with the more FX heavy stuff they find a way to move the focus away from that for budget reasons.

Like with Moon Knights' CG issues and how much Moon Knight was actually in the show, I really have a hard time imagining them doing a Nova show.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think this was rumored before, but it makes me curious about the budget...
10/13/22: Nova's probably been rumored for every format at this point, lol. I think the Guardians Holiday special should give us an idea of the high end budget for these specials will look like.

No word yet if the previous thread can be recovered so starting this one for now. If it can't be recovered, then eventually I'll populate this thread when things settle down.

2/17/23: Reportedly on a slower development path.

3/7: Reportedly will be a special streaming in 2025.

8/4: Latest rumor is someone claiming to be Jared Padalecki's assistant said he is attached to the Nova project presumably as Richard Rider.

8/10: Insider claims the Nova project has been scrapped and will be revisited at a later point.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts