Characters You Thought Were Voiced By Someone Else

Asa

Mike in Monsters Inc looks and sounds like he’s being voiced by Nathan Lane (who did Timon in The Lion King films). It’s Billy Crystal doing the voice (clearly, he would make a suitable voice for the meerkat, seeing as how he and Mike sound alike).

Classic Speedy

Come back soon!
Staff member
Reporter
Here's one I had recently: The TMNT 2012 episode "Mazes & Mutants" had a character named Sir Malachi, who sounded VERY similar to Trey Parker when he yelled, but he was actually by Paul Reubens.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Two that come to mind-

-I thought that Eliza of the Tea Timers from Craig of the Creek was voiced by Grey DeLisle, but no, she's voiced by Andree Vermeulen, who I'm not familiar with

-At first, I thought that Kite Man in Harley Quinn was voiced by Dave Willis, since his voice is similar to Barry in Archer, but no, he's played by Matt Oberg.

SweetShop209

I once thought Phil Donut from Action Pack was voiced by John DiMaggio given how he basically sounded like Aquaman if he were a baker instead of a superhero. He was instead voiced by Jason Hightower.
It seems I have a habit of mixing up Jason's voice with someone else. In the recently released Christmas special, he voiced Santa, but based on the initial clip, I thought he was voiced by Fred Tatasciore.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I thought that Eliza of the Tea Timers from Craig of the Creek was voiced by Grey DeLisle, but no, she's voiced by Andree Vermeulen, who I'm not familiar with.
Vermeulen voiced Ruffnut (who is voiced by Kristen Wiig in the films) in seasons 2-8 of How to Train Your Dragon's TV series sequel Dreamworks Dragons, replacing Julie Marcus, who voiced her in the first season.

Asa

In Miraculous Ladybug, Rose's voice from season 2 onwards sounds like Andrea Libman's Pinkie Pie voice. That's actually Reba Buhr doing the performance.

Lei Fen in the Street Fighter series nearly sounds like Andrea Libman's Fluttershy because she's actually voiced by Megan Taylor Harvey.

For the Soul series, Xianghua in VI sounds like she's voiced by a different person (Cristina Vee), thus she almost sounds like Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Wendee Lee is actually performing her (which she's done since II).

hobbyfan

Remember the Mr. Opportunity ads for Honda? I used to think Michael Bell landed the gig. Instead, Rob Paulsen, who may very well have been trained by Bell, had the gig, which ran for about a couple of years.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
At one point, I thought the Snowman from Courage the Cowardly Dog was voiced by Sean Connery before later discovering that he was actually voiced by Paul Schoeffler, who did a spot-on impression of Connery.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

To think that it was 5 years ago on this day when Stella Zhau made her "technical"/off-screen debut. It wouldn't be until August 2nd of that year when she made her "formal"/on-screen debut.
Revivals are fine if a show was abruptly cancelled and didn't get to finish its story, but for Pete's sake, can we at least slow down on the reboots so that original content can take priority? Why are networks so afraid of innovating now as if they haven't done it before?
Reply if you're muslim (you can if you aren't)
It's been one year since NickRewind block ceased the operations.
it's that day of the year!

Featured Posts