"Children Who Chase Lost Voices" Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
ChildrenWhoChaseLostVoices.jpeg

Children Who Chase Lost Voices (2011)
Animation Production: CoMix Wave Films
Director and Screenplay Writer: Makoto Shinkai
Animation Direction and Character Design: Takayo Nishimura
Art Direction: Takumi Tanji
Music: Tenmon
Distributor: Sentai Filmworks
Release Date: November 13th, 2012

Toonzone Coverage:

Synopsis: When she hears a strange song from a crystal radio, Asuna tunes into more than just a magical stream of music. Soon, she is transported to a mysterious world where mythical beasts roam and brave warriors fight for their lives. Agartha is a land of breathtaking beauty and unimaginable danger-a place where, it is believed, even the dead can be brought back to life. But at what cost? Children Who Chase Lost Voices is a spellbinding new work from Japanese visionary Makoto Shinkai, who amazed audiences the world over with Voices of a Distant Star and 5 Centimeters per Second. Now, with Children, Shinkai affirms his place as one of animation’s most original voices.

Comments?

[video=youtube_share;tmHo_0mgos0]http://youtu.be/tmHo_0mgos0[/video]

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
In celebration of Global Shinkai Day, the streaming website Crunchyroll is playing Children Who Chase Lost Voices from today through March 17th for free in addition to Makoto Shinkai's other animated work to date. The stream is global outside Japan and free, and even the "SD" video quality now looks as good as a high-quality video on youtube. This is an excellent opportunity to sample this movie for yourself.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/children...-voices-children-who-chase-lost-voices-621113

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
This is the guy who did 5 Centimeters Per Second, yes? I'm watching Children Who Chase Lost Voices now (and awing at the ridiculously gorgeous animation), but I'm definitely curious to try out the first once I wrap this one up.

GingaDaiuchuu

This is the guy who did 5 Centimeters Per Second, yes? I'm watching Children Who Chase Lost Voices now (and awing at the ridiculously gorgeous animation), but I'm definitely curious to try out the first once I wrap this one up.

They're all very good. Admittedly the first three have an awful lot in common, but if you can deal with that, watching them all is a very enjoyable experience. I actually think that 5 Centimeters Per Second, with a far simpler and less fantastic story than any of the others, is by far his best, but Voices of a Distant Star is probably the most impressive accomplishment I've ever seen in anime simply because he made the entire thing himself at his home while working an unrelated full-time job.