CN Schedule Updates Part 3

Markus Nelis

So we can't criticize the schedule now because it has been bad for years? What? That's really sad and also, a terrible argument. People have every right to say what they dislike about the schedule.

Except TTG doesn't get ratings that good anymore, check the ratings thread where it got beat multiple times by other shows. And even if it did get good ratings, while airing it a lot would make sense, it still WOULDN'T be GOOD. Nobody likes the fact that Nick airs a lot of Spongebob and Loud House either.

Yes, you are being defensive. You're not stating "facts" you got angry because I said Vishnu could have made the schedule for that day a lot better.
You just don't seem to understand how TV industry works. If the channel wants to keep viewers, they will air their most popular shows. It's not only CN's fault. Most of the channels in US have the strategy to air their most popular shows.

Plus, other shows beating TTG isn't a good reason when we talk about the fact that TTG airs much earlier compared to other shows, that's literally one of the reasons it's doing bad, plus TTG has outperformed most of the shows when it has been on Saturday mornings overall. If new episodes aired later, new eps would get better ratings. I'm pretty sure TTG in reruns when it's not early is doing well in ratings.

I'm stating facts that WarnerMedia is more focused on HBO Max than it's TV channels. Even that's a fact that you don't have to watch CN, it's not like they're forcing you. CN might be a family channel now but it still targets kids for most of time so as long as they like watching CN, the schedule shouldn't be a problem. I'm even surprised people still complain even when CN's schedule in 2015 was a nightmare.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

You just don't seem to understand how TV industry works. If the channel wants to keep viewers, they will air their most popular shows. It's not only CN's fault. Most of the channels in US have the strategy to air their most popular shows.

Plus, other shows beating TTG isn't a good reason when we talk about the fact that TTG airs much earlier compared to other shows, that's literally one of the reasons it's doing bad, plus TTG has outperformed most of the shows when it has been on Saturday mornings overall. If new episodes aired later, new eps would get better ratings. I'm pretty sure TTG in reruns when it's not early is doing well in ratings.

I'm stating facts that WarnerMedia is more focused on HBO Max than it's TV channels. Even that's a fact that you don't have to watch CN, it's not like they're forcing you. CN might be a family channel now but it still targets kids for most of time so as long as they like watching CN, the schedule shouldn't be a problem. I'm even surprised people still complain even when CN's schedule in 2015 was a nightmare.
Your argument is literally that "other channels have bad schedules as well, so it's okay for CN to also have a bad schedule". No it's not okay. I repeat, just because it makes sense, DOESN'T mean that it's also GOOD. People criticize these schedules for a reason.

Much earlier? What is this forced argument? There's literally only half-hour and a hour difference between TTG's airing and the airing of the other shows. That's much earlier to you? Take TTG's doom patrol special into consideration then, which aired on a friday night at 7PM, with a lot of heavy promotion and marathons, yet it still couldn't beat the TDR episode that aired a few days before it on a saturday morning at 9:30 AM.

No, you're blatantly white knighting CN and it's really annoying. People have every right to say what they like and don't like about modern CN and its schedule. Just because HBO Max is a thing now, doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want with the TV channel. Also just a reminder that I wasn't even hating on the schedule, I just said that I don't think that it's perfect.

Markus Nelis

At least I think about CN's current schedule positively. We need more these kinds of people. They just overreact because they don't like the schedule. I have to say this again: No one is forcing some teenagers and adults to watch CN. I said as long as kids are happy, there shouldn't be a problem.

The new guy

At least I think about CN's current schedule positively. We need more these kinds of people. They just overreact because they don't like the schedule. I have to say this again: No one is forcing some teenagers and adults to watch CN. I said as long as kids are happy, there shouldn't be a problem.
yes I agree with you that people shouldn't be overreacting over the schedule and we shouldn't be attacking Vishnu all the time but still that's no excuse to say that it's ok to say that this network is for only kids and adults and teens shouldn't be watching this network at all and move to HBO Max and the schedule is ok being that way still it's not ok even if other networks do the same thing as Cartoon Network is doing wouldn't it be cool to have more variety and more and different types cartoons airing onto the schedule so Kids can be seeing not only the same shows they air everyday but see more cartoons that hasn't been aired for a long time more variety gives us more ratings of course not high ratings back in the 2000s because streaming is popular today but the ratings will at least increase a little and everybody would be happy to see more shows onto the channel but I agree with you that we shouldn't complain about this all the time and yes I wish there are more people like you that think about cartoon network schedule positively do you agree with me ? I respect your opinion if you disagree with me

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Hey, remember that one time CN aired The Iron Giant for 24 hours a long time ago?
Well, now they're airing the movie again - once - on Saturday December 11 at 7p. (and again at 4p the next day)
I personally think since September, CN has been far more enjoyable to watch for me and seeing all the surprises they throw at us. This is certainly one of the best ones by far.

jokerbeans2091

it feels so refreshing to be watching CN again regularly after 16 months of being on autopilot hopefully Courage of Dexter can make a return soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UnimaginativeName

I think some of the schedules changes on CN's side are testing the waters with their classics or unique shows/movies. It makes sense: if the classics perform well, they'll be able to keep an audience's attention for longer since they'd have a much larger library (and possibly attract a larger adult audience too who used to watch the shows when they were younger). There's a finite number of Gumball and TTG episodes out there, and although it may take a while, kids will eventually get bored after seeing everything multiple times.

Of course, it's also entirely possible that they're just doing it as a one off. Over the past few years, Cartoon Network hasn't exactly been a place of risks; but with the rise of streaming, decline of cable ratings, and the introduction of Cartoonito, it is possible that they're trying something new and may decide to keep it.

CNC

Next ACME Night movie is, *sigh*, The LEGO Movie 2. I thought it was gonna be one of their animated specials announced months ago, but nope!

DonkeyKongSong

UPDATE: All of weekday Cartoonito will shrink down to 1pm, with the normal lineup including, sigh, more Craig of the Creek in place starting next week.

(Not like they’re gonna add a certain currently running show they never aired in over a year anyway!) yes I’m specifically talking about the show starring a certain black cat

View attachment 292398
Do you make these?

Asking because Mush-Mush and the Mushables has been airing extra premieres on Wednesdays for awhile.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts