Template errors

• Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire: [E_USER_WARNING] Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:689)

DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Man, that's a lot of movies :eek:.

Also interesting to see them use the Rebirth costume designs on the cover at given they haven't really popped up in animation yet...

jkoolpe

Just pre-ordered MotP from Amazon!

Worth every penny and then some to me...can't wait to see it again in Blu-Ray.

Sad that there looks to be no extras or a commentary, but has anyone heard anything about the sound?

Still hoping for an upgrade to 5.1 surround :), but I know it's not very likely :( .

Jon

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
In short, Warner Archive's Blu-ray release of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm looks and sounds fantastic. It's not perfect, as some shots don't look as strong as others, but overall this film has never looked better. The audio mix is pretty amazing, as well. Expect a full review on The World's Finest very soon.

The Blu-ray talkback will be posted up tomorrow.

Dallas Kinard

My most recent chat with Warner Archive regarding Static Shock on DVD:

upload_2017-7-28_12-49-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-28_12-49-21.png
    upload_2017-7-28_12-49-21.png
    33 KB · Views: 156

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
According to Amazon.ca, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release Justice League: The New Frontier: Commemorative Ediiton on October 3, 2017. Stay tuned for further details.

Update: CBR has an exclusive first look at the trailer for the upcoming special reissue release.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Makes sense. The WW reissue was in May then the live action movie came out the next moth. Same case here with Justice League releasing in November in theaters.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
This just broke at the Batman TAS 25th anniversary panel at NY Comic Con. There are no details yet but "Super PR Guy" Gary Mieranu said it. Official written affirmation here:

[media]

Oh my God. This was the moonshot I dreamed about above everything else.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Looks like q4 next year:

Mod Edit: Warner Archive Tweet

Ugh, I don't know how to stop it from auto loading the tweet, but the link shows it linked to another tweet about BTAS.
Code:
https://twitter.com/warnerarchive/status/917161694903668736

Last edited by a moderator:

darkdetective

Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer
I'll definitely be double dipping on this. It does make me wonder how they're going to do this though, considering it was edited on video. They might have to recut every episode, like they did with the TNG blurays. It won't be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.
When you first learn that teenage characters are voiced by people over 30.
Kevin-Hart.jpg
Am I the only person here that is obsessed with concert setlists? For some reason, I just really enjoy keeping track of what bands and artists play live on a regular basis. My obsession did earn me a mod position on setlist.fm a long time ago, which I will always be proud of.

Featured Posts