DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Welcome to Part 2 the DC Animated Comics News & Discussion thread! Discuss what you think will be happening in upcoming issues, hints and tidbits from interviews, press releases, solicitation info --anything that's been officially released by the comic company or creative team is discussable here! Covering all your favorite current animated comic series, discuss it all here!

Find more comic news at The World's Finest and check out the latest posts in this very thread for more announcements and updates!

*Part 1 News & Discussion

Discuss!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Chapter 3 is up as well.
Ma and Pa Kent came to Metropolis to meet Clark's lady, but when Ma sets off on her own, Superman has to come back and save her! "Power" part 3.
I guess the angle of this comic is to show the day in the life of Superman like that guest shot in The Brave and The Bold or even similar to B:TAS' "Appointment in Crime Alley".

EDIT: More info:
Art will be done by Cat Staggs, Joel Ojeda, Laura Braga and more. It is a weekly 12 issue series. Some chapters takes place before, during, and after the Doomsday battle. One story will explore what Jimmy was doing during the battle. Each chapter explains what power means: to Superman who uses it to save humanity or villains or wield it to further their own selfish agendas. Preview of Chapter 1 included.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
August 8th:
"Death of Superman" Chapter 4, available starting August 22nd.
Superman's been having a trying day, and now he's letting off some steam—by punching Lobo! "Power" part 4.

August 15th:
Log-line for Chapter 5. Available starting August 29th, Written by Louise Simonson & Pencils by Joel Ojeda.
"Proof" part 1! Jimmy Olsen is aiming for a promotion—can he convince Perry White he's got the nose for news?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Log-line for Chapter 5. Available starting August 29th, Written by Louise Simonson & Pencils by Joel Ojeda.
Nice, now the comic will shift to during the battle and fill in what Jimmy was doing. I guess it's before the helicopter picks up Lois. Maybe Jimmy was there at Carlin Heights trying to get a scoop of the JL fighting Doomsday.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nice. Hmm, it seems like the loglines hint that Jimmy might stumble on Intergang at or get kidnapped and taken to a hideout that happens to be in Carlin Heights. Then Doomsday randomly charges through their building and 'saves' Jimmy -- then he observes the battle between it and the Justice League. Gotta check that part in the movie. I think they leave the gap of Jimmy in the movie pretty wide -- so Simonson can really fill in that part -- was it when he takes Bibbo and Superman's photo then the next time he's seen is when he picks up Lois from Ace O'Clubs in the helicopter?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So the third arc is after Superman's death and seemingly leads up to the wake in Centennial Park in the movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So an arc of anecdotes and a take on that classic race this issue.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts