DC Comics Animation - Physical/Digital Media News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If they have any sense, such a release would be tied into the release of the next live action Batman movie.
Batman will always sell so I don't think they have to tie it into a live action movie or an anniversary. Besides, there's a worst case scenario where movie date delays will continue into 2022 and it will be hard to time merch tie-ins.

Spider-Man

Has there been any word on any more DC DVDs coming before the end of the year? There was a Harley Quin Blu-ray I remember that was supposed to come but was pushed. Is there anything else? Seems like a quiet end of the year for DC.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Has there been any word on any more DC DVDs coming before the end of the year? There was a Harley Quin Blu-ray I remember that was supposed to come but was pushed. Is there anything else? Seems like a quiet end of the year for DC.
No, currently there are no more DC DVD/Blu-ray/4k releases planned for this year.

It is looking like the Harley Quinn Season 1-2 Blu-ray will release early next year. Usually, Warner Archive sends an email previewing their releases for the next month on the second to last Wednesday of the month. They recently posted a December preview on their Tumblr and Harley Quinn isn't mentioned at all unless the email will have more titles in it.

Also oddly absent this month are the Part 1 DVD set releases for Teen Titans Go! Season 6 and DC Super Hero Girls Season 1. There's more than enough episodes out to release them.

Dallas Kinard

02/17:
I recently brought up the lack of Batman: Unlimited content to my WB source and they acted as if it's just not a priority at this point and that I'd be "the first to know" if they end up continuing them. I'm still waiting on the third one to get a physical copy in HD!

07/13:
With "The Batman" being in HD 1080p for the first time on HBOMax, what are the chances we get a blu-ray complete series release? Same with "Static Shock".

Last edited by a moderator:

MichChrisIp

Hey guys! :)
I have heard "patience" for quite some time now regarding the bluray of Superman Animated Series. Should one be worried?
Is there any chance their release of it on HBO Max (Danish so dont have access, and actually not interested in "renting" one of my all-time favorite shows) could have made dem think "Oh it's being watched quite a bit, perhaps no need for a psysical release!"
It would nearly break me, so close to having all of the essentiel DCAU on bluray! :/
I am seeking a "No. Don't worry. It's coming!"

;) ;) ;)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hey guys! :)
I have heard "patience" for quite some time now regarding the bluray of Superman Animated Series. Should one be worried?
Is there any chance their release of it on HBO Max (Danish so dont have access, and actually not interested in "renting" one of my all-time favorite shows) could have made dem think "Oh it's being watched quite a bit, perhaps no need for a psysical release!"
It would nearly break me, so close to having all of the essentiel DCAU on bluray! :/
I am seeking a "No. Don't worry. It's coming!"

;) ;) ;)
We're hoping it's coming. September 6 this year will be the 25th anniversary and companies love anniversaries.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts