"DC on HBO Max" General News & Discussion Thread

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Variety reports Titans and Doom Patrol are expected to be canceled. Announcement imminent.
This article has been corrected; they are not in danger YET.

Though I highly suspect Doom Patrol is ending voluntarily and hasn't revealed it -- the final two episodes are called "Done Patrol" and "Doom Patrol," and they wouldn't finally use the correct name unless it was the series finale.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Deadline now reports Sarah Aubrey is still HBO Max’s Head of Original Content.
The divergence is bigger in drama. where Max has been going for broader, pop culture content. Aubrey’s focus going forward will be on big, largely IP-based tentpoles. (Joey Chavez remains as EVP Programming and lead for Max Originals drama, reporting to Aubrey.) That includes high-profile DC series The Peacemaker and the upcoming The Penguin and Green Lantern, which are all moving along, as well as another upcoming series, Dune, which is now casting, and an It series adaptation, which is in fast-track development. In addition to The Peacemaker, Max has had success with dramas based on WB series IP including Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The last time Cartoon Network aired Looney Tunes and/or Tom and Jerry (i.e. the classic shorts) was on September 29, 2017, just two days shy of the channel's 25th anniversary.
As of 2022, CN's campaign against bullying is still using the logo it had since its inception.
The latest video of the campaign has the RYW graphics, even though CN USA is ditching the look. Likewise the campaisgn's logo uses a font CN used heavily in the early 2010s and doesn't seem to use a lot anymore,
I wish a happy birthday to Alan Rachins (80) (voice of Clock King and Norman Osborn) and TJ Hill (37) (musical composer for Fancy Nancy, Amphibia, and The Owl House season 1).
gotta catch em all cause he’s greeny phatom

gotta catch em all cause he’s greeny phatom

gotta catch em all cause he’s
greeny phatom
Who else here is enjoying CN's 30th-anniversary live stream? I can say I'm glad they're showing a balanced mix of classic and newer favorites along with some of the old promos.

Featured Posts