"DC Super Hero Girls" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss the season!

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
DetentionClub

Hmm, wonder if Pam's dad will come up again. Maybe even whatever happened 10 years ago was also when she got her plant powers.

Funny and ironic Chapin is a GL fanboy. But there was a hint of his love for heroes that one time in a short when Zee I think accidentally teleported his pants away and he was in Batman boxers.

Montoya was a random add but not the first. I wonder if she quit GCPD and moved to Metropolis to start over OR will later move to Gotham and work for the GCPD.

SmallVictories

Wonder Woman's solution to the molecular amplifier was spot on. It was kinda crazy Karen didn't test it first.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Fun episodes. The detention episode in particular had some fun interactions. We never knew what got Garth in trouble. Interesting that Pam actually seemed to have a good relationship with her dad, unlike most versions of Poison Ivy.

Also, Renee Montoya is voiced by Roxanna Ortega, the voice of Frida on The Casagrandes.
She also voiced another Latina police officer as Inspector Carmelita Montoya Fox in the first Sly Cooper game.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Roxana Ortega also voiced the old woman in #SmallVictories, lol (and Tara Strong was Helen).

Frontier

Staff member
#DetentionClub

Hey, if they're going to do a tribute to an 80's teen movie, at least they're going to be self-aware about it :p.

I think this is honestly the first time I have ever seen Supergirl referred to as a "thug," but I can't say it's inaccurate to this interpretation :sweat:.

"Green Lantern saves Coast City" it's nice to see GL's traditional town isn't undefended :).

Chapin being a GL fanboy was hilarious. I mean, just look at that Kilowog picture on his computer. I wonder if it's both of them or just Hal :rolleyes2:?

Hal and Pam was an interesting combination in this episode. I guess part of it is that they're the stand-ins for the Jock and Basket Case, but also in light of the fact of Pam's relationship with Jessica. The fact that the two actually bonded at the end and Pam might actually get along better with Hal than she does Jessica was...something o_O.

Montoya as a school security guard...frankly it seems like slumming it for her, she deserves better than having to deal with and get messed with by teenagers, but it wouldn't be the first time they've re-imagined a high profile DC character to fit more in a high school setting :rolleyes:.

Definitely an interesting tidbit that this version of Pam, compared to other versions of Poison Ivy, actually seemed to care about her father and miss him instead of resenting or outright hating him. The fact that she made it a point that she lost him 10 years ago and that the transformative plant is all she has left of him definitely gave me the impression it might have something to do with her origin story :oops:.

#SmallVictories

Well, pretty obvious plots where the girl raised in a society of ancient Amazons doesn't understand technology and the size-changing girls gets stuck shrinking into nothingness...kind of reminded me of that Brave and the Bold episode where Aquaman and Atom teamed-up ;).

Bumblebee is still trying to turn giant. I keep expecting she'll finally perfect it just in time to beat Giganta :cool:.

Tara Strong playing Helen was kind of funny if only because she seems like Babs if she were a normal person :elle:.

Is it too much to hope for that Diana pawning off her sword is them writing element out? Although she probably has more :deedee:.

I kind of feel bad for them wailing on the machine so much. Could've just fixed it :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out DC Super Hero Girls! Cartoon Network will premiere 2 new episodes, today starting at 8 a.m. ET/PT.!

dcsuperherogirlsTVartmay212018.jpg

DC Super Hero Girls"#CruzControl"
Episode Debut
- October 10, 2021

Working toward her dream of making her school a better place, Jessica runs for class president. However, when her opponent, the corrupt Oswald Cobblepot, pulls ahead in the race using less-than-honest means, Jessica finds herself compromising the integrity of her honest campaign to beat him!

DC Super Hero Girls "#WhySoBlue"
Episode Debut
- October 10, 2021

Supergirl must rein in a reckless new hero, the Blue Beetle.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Eldorado

#CruzControl:

I don't wanna get into a detailed review today since I don't feel like it so I'll just give some thoughts on each episode.

1. Hal is mentioned to be a Senior. I wonder what this will mean for a graduation episode. Will it be the series finale or will we get to see the post-high school characters explore life away from the others.
2. At this point, it's amazing Oswald isn't expelled from school by now.
3. The ending was COMPLETELY different than what I expected. I actually expected Hammy the Hamster to be elected as president and Jess learning some lesson about responsibility or something. But, not only did we not get that but the episode actually ended before we saw her getting elected but it's safe to say she will. Overall a good episode.

#WhySoBlue

1. It's a shame Ted doesn't mention Dan Garret or the beetle tech made by the Reach so we probably won't get Jaime Reyes in this incarnation. But, I guess Ted Kord's enough.
2. I could actually FEEL Kara when Ted said the world would know who's responsible for Blue Beetle. Supergirl already has a negative reputation in the world compared to Superman so it's a relief to see that throughout the episode Supergirl was able to do a better job than Blue Beetle did. Though the whole ice bomb thing made me think that she was going to be impatient with him and make a mess of things when Blue Beetle actually KNEW what he was doing. It was a bit misleading.
3. Funny how Livewire was the villain two episodes in a row. Overall a good episode as well.

Frontier

Staff member
#CruzControl

"The Seniors" - Flashes to Hal. Wait, Hal is a senior? Aren't they in the same grade o_O?

You know, if you're going to do a commentary on elections and corrupt politicians, the Penguin is a pretty solid choice to use as an antagonist ;).

Nice continuity with Babs already knowing Penguin is no good :D.

Oh hey, Livewire! Haven't seen her in a while. And Penguin knows Leslie Willis is Livewire, huh :ack:?

Is this the first time we've seen Lois this season? Feels like it :).

Superman endorsing Jessica because Kara asked him to is probably the nicest thing he's done in the entire series :sweat:.

Hal, Barry, Garth and Carter cameos...no Ollie :(?

Well, Jessica goes through the typical "protagonist realizes they have to go big or go home and in the process compromises their integrity and ideals only to realize they lost those important to them along the way" plot, but I did like how Zatanna did not come up with that outfit :rolleyes2:.

I'd be kind of shocked if no one actually saw Jessica use her ring to shield anyone, but she actually managed to resolve everything without turning into GL. Actually, no one changed into their costumes at all this episode :p.

#WhySoBlue

It was nice to see another Kara and Jeremiah episode, fittingly also featuring Ted Kord :tweety:.

I really cannot see Ted with that goatee in-costume and not think Tony Stark :eek:.

It was nice to see the show use Ted as Blue Beetle, although the weapons, armored suit, and Ted not being able to control it well kind of reminded me a lot of Jaime :oops:.

In fairness Ted was totally in the right when he throw that cryo football. Kara was grandstanding so much that she totally missed the last robber (who I presume was their getaway driver) and Ted would have caught her if Kara hadn't immediately assumed all his weapons were lethal...although to be fair, he gave her no reason to assume otherwise. I hope they ended up catching all three of them :sad:.

Isn't it kind of funny that once again Kara is paired with a hero voiced by Max Mittleman :coach:?

Two episodes with Livewire? But this one involved a Super, so it was doubly-justified to use her as the villain :cool:.

I think the only villain girl we haven't seen this season is Star Sapphire. Although I guess maybe they think she peaked in that Sinestro episode :nurse:.

Props to those officers managing to stuff frozen Livewire into their squad car. The MPD have to get creative :birdman:.

SweetShop209

I'm guessing that even if people saw Jessica use her ring, they were too distracted by Livewire. Plus, she did save the day without powers, and finishing blows tend to make stronger impressions.

Also tomorrow is International Day Of The Girl, so it's fitting to have some episodes today.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
#CruzControl

"The Seniors" - Flashes to Hal. Wait, Hal is a senior? Aren't they in the same grade o_O?
I'm very sure they established Hal is older than the girls last season. They're sophmores and he's a senior. I believe Garth and Karen are younger than them, freshmen.
Oh hey, Livewire! Haven't seen her in a while. And Penguin knows Leslie Willis is Livewire, huh :ack:?
And all the girls know Clark is Superman based on the booth convo.
Is this the first time we've seen Lois this season? Feels like it :).
Yup. After #BreakingNews last season, she wasn't seen again in season 1 and 2 until today.

Corwin Haught

"#CruzControl" reminded me of that two-parter from '66 Batman, "Hizzonner the Penguin"/"Dizzoner the Penguin".

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts