"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Damn... if DC Super Hero Girls really is ending after Season 2... I didn't really give this show a fair chance :sad:
At least the show is treated a bit better than other 2010s, non-TTG DC shows on Cartoon Network, getting to 2 seasons. This is in contrast to Green Lantern The Animated Series, Beware The Batman, and Justice League Action all only getting 1 season and getting cancelled for various reasons. If you include 2010s DC kids shows as a whole, besides TTG, the only other show treated well for awhile would be the 2015 DC Superhero Girls series.

#AngerManagement and #HappyBirthdayZee are now listed for July 4 on zap2it.
Those sound pretty good. I figured this being Fourth Of July would mean no new episodes (given how there's no new episodes on June 20 due to Father's Day and that TTG/Space Jam movie).

Frontier

Staff member
Mm. Seems likely. But weird. Is TTG ending, too? Yet, they got a spin-off in the works. If not, why just DCSHG?

So far the 4 season two episodes that aired were done by Boulder so remains to be seen...
Suddenly I'm thinking to myself if this is why they suddenly commissioned two new DC cartoons :sweat:.
#AngerManagement and #HappyBirthdayZee are now listed for July 4 on zap2it.
Kara's anger issues are tied to her power as Supergirl? Figures :p.

Once again Zee's magic turns out to be more dangerous than she thought :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Those sound pretty good. I figured this being Fourth Of July would mean no new episodes (given how there's no new episodes on June 20 due to Father's Day and that TTG/Space Jam movie).
6/16: I would say it's not a done deal. CN has a history of pulling the rug out from under us when it comes to schedule changes, I'll believe it when it airs, lol.

As mentioned, I only listened to a few minutes of the interview, but I just figured that she was referring to this series. By cut short, I was just assuming that maybe someone had plans for a season 3, but then the show was cancelled at 2 seasons. I figured season 2 would have 52 episodes like season 1 did. That was just I picked up from it though.
6/18: More fuel to the speculation, when I thought Drouhard said something, I looked through old links and back on April 9, Aprilyn Cunanan did tweet "After three years on this series, today is my last day with #DCSuperHeroGirls" and "Season two (and more???? ) is coming! And the DCSHG Switch game comes out in June! I hope you’re looking forward to it! Our crew is very proud of what we were able to accomplish together."

Also, she posted some of her b.g. painting work for "#AmBatgirl" and for "#DoubleDanvers".

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
July 11 episodes showed up on Zap2it.
#TheGreenRoom
When Jessica is faced with a Green Lantern Corps disciplinary hearing, Hal appoints himself to be her Peer Advocate.

#EnterNightSting
Karen is given a mission to prevent the apocalypse by DeathSting, a super-cool future version of herself.

Frontier

Staff member
July 11 episodes showed up on Zap2it.
#TheGreenRoom
The chance to finally see the Guardians and maybe Kilowog and some other GL's sounds pretty great :).

Of course Hal is her advocate :p.
#EnterNightSting
Future evil Bumblebee? That'll be a trip :eek:.

Kimberly Brooks is going to have a lot of fun ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The chance to finally see the Guardians and maybe Kilowog and some other GL's sounds pretty great :).

Of course Hal is her advocate :p.
Agreed. Will be nice to see Kilowog again. And hopefully a lot of neat designs for the GLC and Guardians. And I suppose the "Space House" crossover aired at the right time and gave us a nice preview with the brief shot of Oa in the DCHSG universe in Part 4.
Future evil Bumblebee? That'll be a trip :eek:.

Kimberly Brooks is going to have a lot of fun ;).
Wonder if it will be same kind of hilarity as the Flash/Batgirl one from season 1, #BackInAFlash. Wonder if DeathSting will be the same age or an older version of Karen.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Futon Critic updated with more listings for July. The first few episodes were known already but I am re-posting them to have the full July schedule.

Sunday, July 4 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#AngerManagement" - When Jess coerces Kara into addressing her anger management issues, Supergirl's superhero abilities become seriously compromised!

Sunday, July 4 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#HappyBirthdayZee" - Zatanna makes a birthday wish that forces her to confront the dark side of her magic.

Sunday, July 11 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#TheGreenRoom" - When Jessica is faced with a Green Lantern Corps disciplinary hearing, Hal appoints himself to be her Peer Advocate.

Sunday, July 11 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#EnterNightSting" - Karen is given a mission to prevent the apocalypse by DeathSting, a super-cool future version of herself.

Sunday, July 18 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#WorldsFinest" - When PR whiz Max Lord tells Batgirl and Supergirl he can improve their image by doing publicity stunts, the two friends forget what being a hero is really about.

Sunday, July 18 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#WorkingStiff" - After Babs hooks Karen up with a job at the Burrito Bucket, the two heroes encounter a new villain, the scourge of the fast-food underworld, the Condiment King!

Sunday, July 25 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#MultipliciZee" - Zee magically duplicates herself so she can shirk work and watch TV. Things get out of hand when her copies start to make copies of themselves!

Sunday, July 25 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#TheMinus" - Diana receives her first ever A-minus and becomes convinced that she needs to work harder, however, in order to do so, she resorts to rather drastic measures.

Frontier

Staff member
The Futon Critic updated with more listings for July. The first few episodes were known already but I am re-posting them to have the full July schedule.

Sunday, July 4 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#AngerManagement" - When Jess coerces Kara into addressing her anger management issues, Supergirl's superhero abilities become seriously compromised!

Sunday, July 4 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#HappyBirthdayZee" - Zatanna makes a birthday wish that forces her to confront the dark side of her magic.

Sunday, July 11 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#TheGreenRoom" - When Jessica is faced with a Green Lantern Corps disciplinary hearing, Hal appoints himself to be her Peer Advocate.

Sunday, July 11 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#EnterNightSting" - Karen is given a mission to prevent the apocalypse by DeathSting, a super-cool future version of herself.

Sunday, July 18 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#WorldsFinest" - When PR whiz Max Lord tells Batgirl and Supergirl he can improve their image by doing publicity stunts, the two friends forget what being a hero is really about.

Sunday, July 18 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#WorkingStiff" - After Babs hooks Karen up with a job at the Burrito Bucket, the two heroes encounter a new villain, the scourge of the fast-food underworld, the Condiment King!

Sunday, July 25 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT

"#MultipliciZee" - Zee magically duplicates herself so she can shirk work and watch TV. Things get out of hand when her copies start to make copies of themselves!

Sunday, July 25 at 8:15 a.m. ET/PT

"#TheMinus" - Diana receives her first ever A-minus and becomes convinced that she needs to work harder, however, in order to do so, she resorts to rather drastic measures.
Max Lord? Condiment King? This show is going deep :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
After Babs hooks Karen up with a job at the Burrito Bucket, the two heroes encounter a new villain, the scourge of the fast-food underworld, the Condiment King!
lol, mentioned on YJ, LEGO Batman movie, Harley Quinn, now on DCSHG. He's making the rounds.
Wow, very similar to the premise of the Rick and Morty episode that just aired on Sunday.
Sounds like she's might be "borrowing" an Athena artifact from Julia's office, lol.

SweetShop209

So with these episodes, we'll have gone through 14 out of 52 episodes, or a little over 1/4 of the season. We have about 1/4 of the season airing in less than 2 months. Contrast with how it took 3 months to air the first 13 episodes of season 1.

Eldorado

Okay, so the day this was announced I was already thinking about what a Condiment King episode would be. It would actually be the Condiment QUEEN who is actually the Condiment King's twin-sister wanting to show her already incarcerated brother that she could do a much better job than he did. As for why I was thinking about this it was because it was the same day I finished drawing my interpretation of Condiment King.

If I could be off-topic for a moment, does anyone want to see?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Okay, so the day this was announced I was already thinking about what a Condiment King episode would be. It would actually be the Condiment QUEEN who is actually the Condiment King's twin-sister wanting to show her already incarcerated brother that she could do a much better job than he did. As for why I was thinking about this it was because it was the same day I finished drawing my interpretation of Condiment King.

If I could be off-topic for a moment, does anyone want to see?
Use The Drawing Board to share fan-art. And The Story Board to post further episode ideas you might have.

Eldorado

You know, I've been thinking, why would they cancel the show due to COVID? Surely, they knew that the pandemic wouldn't be permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts