"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It does, but I'm hoping HBO Max or Netflix picks it up. I don't want Cartoon Network to screw another good DC cartoon.
Hopefully, if this is the end, we only got to see their sophomore year if I'm not mistaken. Thought we'd be seeing a prom episode or even graduation as a finale.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Makes me think, why'd they drop the toyline?
They did? Didn't know that. That could play into it. Company was probably pumping a lot of money into the franchise. We know this was a reason YJ ended after Invasion back in the day.

Eldorado

They did? Didn't know that. That could play into it. Company was probably pumping a lot of money into the franchise. We know this was a reason YJ ended after Invasion back in the day.
Well, I don't know if it is cancelled but I haven't seen any new dolls.

SweetShop209

I haven't kept up with the merchandise side of things, but while not having any toys it seems, stuff like the season 1 album, video game, and graphic novels probably help out with the merchandise.

Anyway, I don't think the pandemic would cause the show to be cancelled. It could just be because of the effects of whatever is happening with Warner Media affecting the show.

Eldorado

I haven't kept up with the merchandise side of things, but while not having any toys it seems, stuff like the season 1 album, video game, and graphic novels probably help out with the merchandise.

Anyway, I don't think the pandemic would cause the show to be cancelled. It could just be because of the effects of whatever is happening with Warner Media affecting the show.
But, wasn't there ANOTHER merger that happened recently that allowed some things that couldn't happen before happen now? Like the new Adult Swim movies?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Eldorado

I also find it kind of funny how many shows use "Powerless" as an episode title. Avengers: Eearth's Migtiest Heroes and Batman: The Brave & the Bold come to mind though I presume there are more examples out there.

This promo might contain some footage from "#Powerless".

Thanks, and HEY, I looked at the tweet below and the guy pointed out that the 8 AM slot is better than the 6 AM death slot. Maybe that means there's some hope for the show getting a 3rd Season someday.

Eldorado

Finally, the Guardians! I like the designs on them. I expected them to have pupilless eyes. I hope they're voiced by veteran voice actors like Michael Bell or BJ Ward.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-lines for August 1 are now up on Zap2It.
#Powerless
SEASON 2 , EPISODE 15
AIRING AUG 1, 2021
Supergirl loses her powers and, with the help of BumbleBee, must rely on her street smarts to save Garth from vengeful Toyman.
#AcceptNoSubstitute
SEASON 2 , EPISODE 16
AIRING AUG 1, 2021
Feeling smothered, Babs urges her retired dad, Commissioner Gordon, to get a hobby, but her advice backfires when the commissioner becomes a substitute teacher at her school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts