Did they ever do reruns of Dexter during the Nood era?

cartoo5007

Dexter's Lab was the final classic cartoon network show that I found out about. I literally knew about all the other Cartoon Cartoons up until that point (KND, Foster's, Courage, PowerpuffGirls, and Johnny Bravo). I didn't find out about Dexter until I saw full episodes on the Cartoon Network website in July 2010. The first episode of Dexter's Lab I ever saw was the 1998 "Trapped With a Vengeance". Ironically, that was right before the network started doing reruns of the show again, which was in 2011, they would do a rerun of Dexter every weekday at 11, followed by Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry. I don't remember any reruns of Dexter's Lab during the nood era.

Markus Nelis

I do believe it actually aired for one day. I don't know if it aired the other times but I checked a schedule from 2008 before and if I recall correctly, it aired. I don't remember the specific month.

Dr.Pepper

I’m inclined to say they didn’t, unless there was a one off special event or something. I’m 99.9% positive they did not air reruns on a regular basis.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I don't recall ever seeing any Dexter or Dee Dee Noods, so I'm pretty sure Dexter wasn't a regular fixture on the network during that era. IIRC, the main "kids play around with super science" show on Cartoon Network during the Nood era was Johnny Test.

EDIT: Looks like there were some after all.

Last edited:

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
No. I don't recall Dexter's Lab aired during the Noods era, as far as I know. I grew up during the Noods era and I never once see Dexter's Lab aired during that time. It's only Boomerang that aired Dexter.

Don't believe me, look up the old schedules from 2008-09 on this very forum.

EDIT: Looks like there were some after all.

Actually, it's fake.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
No. I don't recall Dexter's Lab aired during the Noods era, as far as I know. I grew up during the Noods era and I never once see Dexter's Lab aired during that time. It's only Boomerang that aired Dexter.

Actually, it's fake.
Oops, should've known. Explains why I didn't remember seeing it.

cartoo5007

I remember seeing a bumper from 2011 of Dexter, but I can't find the video.

cartoo5007

And to be honest, I don't blame them in the slightest...

Even on CN On demand they even only had the cel animated episodes, there was no Savino on demand. Dexter stopped airing on Cartoon Network once they put it on Netflix in 2013. The only Savino episodes I remember seeing when they reran it on Cartoon Network in 2011 were Dexter's Little Dilemma, Faux Chapeau, A Dad Cartoon, Streaky Clean, and Sole Brother. Even when I was little, I was able to tell that those episode were newer just based on the coloring alone. I saw the rest of Savino when it was on Netflix in 2013.

cartoo5007

Actually, it's fake.

1639519005184.png

Here's an episode of Dexter's Lab that aired when Cartoon Network had the titled C and the titled N logo, the same logo that was around during the Nood era. I started watching Cartoon Network in 2006, and like I've said before, I don't remember seeing Dexter at all until Check It 1.0. I first discovered the show when I saw full episodes online in 2010 on the Cartoon Network site.

cartoo5007

I understand.

If I recall correctly, in 2011, they only did reruns of Dexter's Lab weekdays at 11:30am, while I was in school, I was only able to catch reruns when it was a snow day or a holiday. It was then moved to Cartoon Planet in 2012 before being taken off of Cartoon Network's schedule for good.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
If I recall correctly, in 2011, they only did reruns of Dexter's Lab weekdays at 11:30am, while I was in school, I was only able to catch reruns when it was a snow day or a holiday. It was then moved to Cartoon Planet in 2012 before being taken off of Cartoon Network's schedule for good.
Yeah, I think I remember seeing that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts