Discovery Inc. Announces The Global Launch of Discovery+ Streaming Service, Coming in January 2021

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Honestly, I had really strong feeling that most of The Hub Network programming from 2010-2014 are NOT gonna be on Discovery Plus when it comes out anytime soon. I'll be really sad if those shows become lost media at this point.

Granted, they're some shows from The Hub that were on other streaming services like MLP G4 on Netflix, but that's just the exception rarther than the rule.
I think this is mainly because Hasbro has full IP rights on most of the shows and I don't think they'll be lost media at all.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I think this is mainly because Hasbro has full IP rights on most of the shows and I don't think they'll be lost media at all.
Yeah, you’re right. At least Hasbro will retain the rights to their Hasbro Studios animated originals and game shows, but what about the other Hub Network originals such as Hubworld, The Haunting Hour, Aquabats Supershow, Spooksville, Kid President, and Parents Just Don’t Understand? Will they retain the rights too?

Mandouga

The Aquabats Super Show is on streaming (Shout!Factory TV, I think, but I'm not sure), so someone else owns the rights to that).

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Honestly, I had really strong feeling that most of The Hub Network programming from 2010-2014 are NOT gonna be on Discovery Plus when it comes out anytime soon. I'll be really sad if those shows become lost media at this point.

Granted, they're some shows from The Hub that were on other streaming services like MLP G4 on Netflix, but that's just the exception rarther than the rule.
Actually, Tubi TV has a large amount of The Hub's catalog (and for free too!): Pound Puppies, Dan Vs, Aquabats, G.I. Joe, Transformers Prime, Most of the Hasbro game shows, SheZow, etc.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Actually, Tubi TV has a large amount of The Hub's catalog (and for free too!): Pound Puppies, Dan Vs, Aquabats, G.I. Joe, Transformers Prime, Most of the Hasbro game shows, SheZow, etc.
True true. Though, I kinda wonder how come Hasbro didn't reach a deal with Tubi yet?

Also, this is kinda wishful thinking, but why can't they renamed Tubi Kids to The Hub with their Hasbro catalog? That would've been nice.

Mandouga

That, and Tubi has more than just Hasbro shows, you know. Personally, I think it's a silly idea, not to mention unfair to the other shows (some of which now include a few Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears classics).

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Discovery Plus is on Roku and Amazon etc... right from the start, they were smarter than the phone company and the cable company on getting their streaming service on them at first day.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Does anybody already have this service? If so, can they give or find a complete show list? Is there any Hub or Discovery Kids (US or LA) shows on it?

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Discovery Plus came out today, and someone made a review/walk through video on it, and....yeah, it's about exactly how I expected. No surprises whatsoever.

I'm not mad nor upset, just disappointed and not surprised.

I'm gonna be honest. Besides their UI going for that Disney Plus style direction, everything else is it's nothing special. Their Discovery Kids/Hub shows wasn't even on there on launch day (from the looks of the video). I get that Discovery Family Channel was co-owned by a toy company and they have to do contracts agreements and stuff like that, but that's no excuse for not putting on there in the first place. I expected this service to have at least more variety than reality shows schlock. It would've been nice if they have animated stuff on there like Kenny the Shark, Doki, Growing up Creepie, Hasbro Studios Originals, and have some Discovery Plus Originals that were animated on the service. But unfortunately, they didn't.

But then again, I could be wrong. Maybe they will add them in the future. Hell, HBO Max had few CN content when it first launched, but we have to wait for months until January 1st to get a good chunk of it. Maybe Discovery Plus can do the same thing. It can make people be semi-interested in the service. Personally, I really doubt it, but who knows at this point.

Nothing much else to say regarding Discovery Plus Originals, they're nothing more than just reality schlock like they usually pumps out. No animations whatsoever and that's a shame.

(sighs) Honestly, I'm not interested in trying out this service anytime soon. It's nothing more than just a Disney Plus cash grab. It looks bland, empty, uninteresting, uninspired, and it's nothing more than just to tried ride off of the success of other streaming services rather than actually making it stand out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Discovery Plus gets incredibly overshadowed by Disney Plus, Hulu, and Netflix for the next couple of years and the general public are not gonna remember it. While not horrendous as say Quibi, but it does look like a low-budget version of Peacock(at least the latter actually had some cartoons on there).

So that's all I'm gonna say.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Their Discovery Kids/Hub shows wasn't even on there on launch day (from the looks of the video). I get that Discovery Family Channel was co-owned by a toy company and they have to do contracts agreements and stuff like that, but that's no excuse for not putting on there in the first place. I expected this service to have at least more variety than reality shows schlock. It would've been nice if they have animated stuff on there like Kenny the Shark, Doki, Growing up Creepie, Hasbro Studios Originals, and have some Discovery Plus Originals that were animated on the service. But unfortunately, they didn't.
No excuse for not putting the Hasbro shows on Discovery+? There actually is an excuse for that since several shows from such are on different streaming services.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts