Disney Plus Pushing For Disney Junior Content In The Future

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

There's this interesting article where Bob Chapek talks about wanting to push Disney Junior content for Disney Plus. When you look at the big 3 preschool network (Disney Junior, Nick Jr, and PBS Kids), they haven't really done much to capitalize on streaming. I mean, Sesame Street and Curious George moved to premiering on streaming first, and it's not uncommon for PBS Kids to have a bunch of episodes come out on their video website before their television premiere, but that's it.

For Disney Junior content, there have been some shows that have been trending on Disney Plus, such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Puppy Dog Pals (both Disney Junior originals) as well as the acquired property Bluey. I'm guessing they just want to capitalize by having future Disney Junior shows (at least those that haven't been announced yet) premiere there. I mean, all of Fancy Nancy season 3 is coming out on Disney Plus tomorrow. Granted, this season is much shorter than seasons 1-2, but still.

Another factor with this is Electric Emu, the production company that Craig Gerber started. Firebuds (which he created) and an upcoming show created by Kris Wimberly are some of the shows produced by Electric Emu. There's also currently 18 shows from the company in development. That is huge. Could they debut on Disney Plus in the future?

Action!

I won't be surprised if they do Disney Junior content for Disney+. Other streaming services has some preschool shows too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts