Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

Theagames10

I got to say I'm impressed with what Disney XD has done lately; Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers marathon, acquiring the new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, Otakuninja2006 is right; this could be the start of something new for Disney XD after being in a rut for quite some time (although having a National Geographic block on Saturday nights was a good start).

If they kept airing some of the classic pre-2010 era of Disney (and selected cartoons from their libraries) cartoons (like as a vintage night block or even a 2+ day marathon ala Chip 'n Dale), acquire some more promising content, maybe even start airing movies again or some the Disney+ content, they can be back in business.
The thing is... 1. It's a dead channel, i'm sure the ratings for Disney XD next week won't be different than what it usually gets, even with Chip and Dale's marathon. 2. They aired Pokemon in the past and see where that got them to this day, airing Anime might not work again.

I don't think this is a new start for that channel, in my honest opinion.

maybe airing saban/fox kids/jetix shows could be next
99% sure that they won't air the Power Rangers stuff that used to be Disney since Hasbro has them.

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
I feel like Disney XD is kind of like how Nicktoons was during the end of its Nicktoons Network era to around 2015, where they aired repeats of modern cartoons from the main channel, occasional reruns of older shows, some live action, and acquired anime, and action oriented programs.

Moe

iirc most nick shows like hey arnold and even rugrats were re-rated tv-g once they aired on teennick's 90s block.
and backtrack to TV-Y on Paramount+.

Also rating is depends on episodes, some are TV-Y and some are TV-Y7, some are TV-G.

The thing is... 1. It's a dead channel, i'm sure the ratings for Disney XD next week won't be different than what it usually gets, even with Chip and Dale's marathon. 2. They aired Pokemon in the past and see where that got them to this day, airing Anime might not work again.

Exactly, Disney used Nick playbook to promote the old shows for short time.

I wish that Disney XD air Disney Afternoon shows from 10 pm to 6 am.

Otakuninja2006

I got to say I'm impressed with what Disney XD has done lately; Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers marathon, acquiring the new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, Otakuninja2006 is right; this could be the start of something new for Disney XD after being in a rut for quite some time (although having a National Geographic block on Saturday nights was a good start).

If they kept airing some of the classic pre-2010 era of Disney (and selected cartoons from their libraries) cartoons (like as a vintage night block or even a 2+ day marathon ala Chip 'n Dale), acquire some more promising content, maybe even start airing movies again or some the Disney+ content, they can be back in business.
Yep. In fact, I have a fantasy schedule for Disney XD I'm making, in fact, here is it:

And thanks for the complient.
I wish, but that ain't happening...

99% sure that they won't air the Power Rangers stuff that used to be Disney since Hasbro has them.
It could actually work, and Saban owned MUCH more than Power Rangers and Digimon.
Let's face it, Cable is at DEATH'S DOOR anyway so it might as well try something interesting.
Exactly, but at the exact same time, cable is not actually going anywhere anytime soon as most people that has streaming also has cable.
I feel like Disney XD is kind of like how Nicktoons was during the end of its Nicktoons Network era to around 2015, where they aired repeats of modern cartoons from the main channel, occasional reruns of older shows, some live action, and acquired anime, and action oriented programs.
Yeah. In fact, that's what it should have been relaunched as rather than being in the rut that it's been in for the past year.

Moe

I have to agree with @Otakuninja2006 about not happening because Disney rather to air recent shows.

But... don't lose the hope, Saban/Fox Kids/Jetix shows could goes to Disney+.

If I was in power, I could make 10 pm to 6 am on Disney XD as classic zone, also same goes with Disney Channel.

Exactly, but at the exact same time, cable is not actually going anywhere anytime soon as most people that has streaming also has cable.
Yeah, cable is necessary for sport fans due to RSN and DirecTV used to make all RSN channels available to everyone, but AT&T changed and tighten it to regional only, so that means I would get 2 RSN channels (Bally) now instead of all RSN channels in 2015.

I want to fix to make cable more usable, rather than repeats of same shows and frequent marathon that was uncommon in 1990s. You will see NCIS run for 6-10 hours per day nowadays, but back in 1990s, only 1 NCIS show run for 1 hour every weekday.

kanc

iirc most nick shows like hey arnold and even rugrats were re-rated tv-g once they aired on teennick's 90s block.
Before that sometime around started mid 2000s, I remember Hey Arnold and other Nick animated shows were rated TV-Y7

Micahel Cataldo

Considering that Disney XD is going to premiere the new Yu-Gi-Oh! series on Monday June 6, I expect that the channel airs new episodes of The Owl House and Amphibia.

Moe

Considering that Disney XD is going to premiere the new Yu-Gi-Oh! series on Monday June 6, I expect that the channel airs new episodes of The Owl House and Amphibia.
The anime shows usually goes to Disney XD that isn’t related to Disney shows.

Last edited:

kanc

Disney already cancelled The Owl House and Amphibia.

The anime shows usually goes to Disney XD that isn’t related to Disney shows.
Owl House season 2 finale will be May 28. Season 3 is the last, my prediction to air could be this fall maybe?

Amphibia already aired last episode on Disney channel on May 14, didn't you watch it?

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Well, actually, Amphibia was intended to be a three act story. So, the story of Amphibia is finished.

For The Owl House, yeah, it got cut short, and Season 3 only lasted about three specials.

Light Lucario

Staff member
They didn't cancel either series. It was clear that Amphibia was always meant to be three seasons long and they just wrapped up the story with the series finale last week. Getting to a proper series finale isn't the same thing as being cancelled.

The Owl House has sadly been treated more poorly, but it wasn't cancelled per say. It's still getting a season three, but instead of a proper season order, it's three specials to wrap up the storyline. That is a huge shame and I don't know why they couldn't give it a proper season order. They had no problem doing that with any of their other recent Disney animated series, but getting a shorter different kind of third season isn't the same thing as being cancelled. Being cancelled would mean that The Owl House would have nothing after season two. I'm not surprised people keep saying that the series was cancelled, but it's kind of annoying and not accurate to what actually has happened with the series.

Moe

I realized that I made a mistake but had no time to edit and remove the quote.

The Owl House and Amphibia are original series on Disney Channel, not XD and as on Disney XD, it would be re-run, not new episodes.

The acquired anime shows come to Disney XD has no relation with those Disney shows, so it is usual to see anime shows come to Disney XD.

Micahel Cataldo

What I meant was Disney XD could air episodes of The Owl House Season 2 Episodes 11-21 and Amphibia Season 3 Episodes 10-18. I hope they do that in the summer and not the fall.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts