"Doctor Strange: In the Multi-Verse of Madness" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerjake

Banned
Sinse the movie is called Multi-Verse of Madness, could it work if they added Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and keep the Spider-Man cast in the cartoony CGI style when teaming up with Doctor Strange?.

Frontier

Staff member
Sinse the movie is called Multi-Verse of Madness, could it work if they added Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and keep the Spider-Man cast in the cartoony CGI style when teaming up with Doctor Strange?.
Probably too much of a rights quagmire to make that happen :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Perfect time to become Sorcerer Supreme and show off more proper magic ;).
I think in a way, the first movie was arrogant surgeon and we might see that arrogance resurface with him at the height of his power and abilities only for hubris to show up in the form the multiverse.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I think in a way, the first movie was arrogant surgeon and we might see that arrogance resurface with him at the height of his power and abilities only for hubris to show up in the form the multiverse.
I'm hoping for a different character arc. There's a more obvious one that involves Baron Mordo, though with all of what's going down that may be saved for the climactic threequel.

Frontier

Staff member
He might even see a few different Variants of himself...
I'm hoping for a different character arc. There's a more obvious one that involves Baron Mordo, though with all of what's going down that may be saved for the climactic threequel.
I'm sure they'll have to address Mordo's completely differing view of magic now and how they've split in terms of their view on the Ancient One...while the Ancient One just wanted them to work together :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Fair enough. So you're thinking a more matured Strange, I take it?

I think Mordo will be a wild card. Frenemy. Temporary ally in the face of the big bad. Maybe tries to kill Wanda because he thinks she's too dangerous but Strange wants to give her a more well-rounded education in magic to balance her out.

Frontier

Staff member

I think Mordo will be a wild card. Frenemy. Temporary ally in the face of the big bad. Maybe tries to kill Wanda because he thinks she's too dangerous but Strange wants to give her a more well-rounded education in magic to balance her out.
I think Mordo will probably start out an antagonist because his goals align so far against Stephen's and the rest of the Sorcerer's, and he'll probably want to take Wanda out, but they might team-up if the overarching threat is too grave...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think Mordo will probably start out an antagonist because his goals align so far against Stephen's and the rest of the Sorcerer's, and he'll probably want to take Wanda out, but they might team-up if the overarching threat is too grave...
The irony is I could see Mordo and Agatha teaming up because they essentially have the same goal: Mordo - too many sorcerers and Agatha - too many witches.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK

After the events of his past few appearances, he has to be pretty darn mature. Even though, that swagger of his happened all the way back when Taika Waititi directed him.

Twist: Mordo is the one who finds Wanda first and courts her to his side promising salvation.

Frontier

Staff member
After the events of his past few appearances, he has to be pretty darn mature. Even though, that swagger of his happened all the way back when Taika Waititi directed him.

Twist: Mordo is the one who finds Wanda first and courts her to his side promising salvation.
I guess if "salvation" means taking her magic away...

reflection01

So Wanda gets recruited by the bad guy and then firms a relationship with the good guy and converts to the good side.

Been there. Done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frontier

Staff member
So Wanda gets recruited by the bad guy and then firms a relationship with the good guy and converts to the good side.

Been there. Done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't expect Wanda to be "recruited" into anything unless it means she gets her kids back, and that might cause conflict with both Strange and Mordo who might have differing reactions to what to do about the Scarlet Witch.

They also probably have differing views as to how she might have to answer for what happened in Westview.

powerjake

Banned
It's obvious that In the Multi-Verse of Madness will hint at a sequel to give Doctor Strange a trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts