"World War Hulk" (unconfirmed) News & Discussion Thread

Hulkwummy

8/13: If and when the time comes for Marvel Studios to do a solo Hulk sequel, how are these for working titles.

movie 2 : Incredible Hulk : Monsters Unleashed
movie 3 : Incredible Hulk : World War
movie 4 : Incredible Hulk : Code Red

8/31: Are there any comments or question about the working titles I came up with for some solo Hulk sequels? If you don't mind me asking.

10/7: I hope that some of them are solo Hulk sequels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yup hulkwummy's right; there is a rumor spreading today about next year Marvel starting work on a World War Hulk movie.

I gotta say though the idea of maybe EVENTUALLY doing a World War Hulk movie could work and be really interesting.... I don't see it happening anytime soon within the MCU, let alone apparently filming next year which means it'd debut... 2024? Like if you don't know World War Hulk it's this epic event series about the fall out from Planet Hulk (which was somewhat adapted into Thor Ragnarok but mostly the idea of Hulk as a champion gladiator on another world, as well as the characters of Korg and Miek) about Hulk getting payback against the Illumanti members who shot him into space and whose actions got millions of people killed. Even ignoring how the Illumanti isn't really a thing in the MCU now and the members who made it up are either dead (like Iron Man) or not really active right now in THIS universe (Mr. Fantastic), it's supposed to be this story about a Hulk at his most angriest and whether or not he will embrace this anger to become the world breaker or stay a hero which... feels so out of line where we're at in the MCU. Last I checked the Hulk is a beloved super hero now during and especially after Endgame and there's been no real hint of any chance of him going rogue. Some say that will be shown in She Hulk but... isn't She Hulk suppose to be like a silly comedy light hearted sitcom series? And not in the "this is a twisted take on that idea" like WandaVision but generally more silly comedy series? You can't really have that and also have it serve as Bruce's excuse to become this World Breaker so I really don't know why that rumor is going around. Quite honestly I'd have a WWH movie like years and maybe a couple of phases down the line as maybe a send off for Ruffalo's take on the green giant but not one coming much sooner then later.

Hulkwummy

Or Thaddeus Ross would convince the governments of the world that the Hulk is a danger to society, and puts out world wide man hunt for him. That would put Banner/Hulk back into the fugitive status. Ross could also go to extremes and team up with the Leader and unleash other Hulk villains like Abomination, Zzzax, Wendigo, etc.

Frontier

Staff member
Or Thaddeus Ross would convince the governments of the world that the Hulk is a danger to society, and puts out world wide man hunt for him. That would put Banner/Hulk back into the fugitive status. Ross could also go to extremes and team up with the Leader and unleash other Hulk villains like Abomination, Zzzax, Wendigo, etc.
I'd be down for that, but I just don't see them doing it with Ruffalo's Hulk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hulkwummy

About the rumored World War Hulk solo movie in development, I was thinking, why not call the movie itself Incredible Hulk: World War? after all, It's suppose to be a long awaited sequel to the 2008 movie regardless to the fact that it's a different actor, It should have the words Incredible Hulk in front of the title. Kind of like Captain America: Civil War.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
About the rumored World War Hulk solo movie in development, I was thinking, why not call the movie itself Incredible Hulk: World War? after all, It's suppose to be a long awaited sequel to the 2008 movie regardless to the fact that it's a different actor, It should have the words Incredible Hulk in front of the title. Kind of like Captain America: Civil War.
The Captain Marvel sequel is "The Marvels" while others have the star's name in it. Others could adopt the former format. Or could be a left over legal thing where they can't use "Incredible Hulk" I guess.

Frontier

Staff member
The Captain Marvel sequel is "The Marvels" while others have the star's name in it. Others could adopt the former format. Or could be a left over legal thing where they can't use "Incredible Hulk" I guess.
I guess it depends on the production. With "The Marvels" it seems like they're pushing it more as an ensemble than as another solo film for Carol.

the greenman

I guess it depends on the production. With "The Marvels" it seems like they're pushing it more as an ensemble than as another solo film for Carol.
Marvel knows Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel film was not popular at all. It made a billion dollars, but criticism remains.

I do believe that @Yojimbo might be onto something blaming legalities.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

reflection01

Marvel knows Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel film was not popular at all. It made a billion dollars, but criticism remains.

I do believe that @Yojimbo might be onto something blaming legalities.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

LOL. It made over a billion dollars. It was more than popular enough. The only major criticism comes from incels. Marvel doesn’t really care about that crowd. Face it, white guys stuck in their basements don’t own nerd culture anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frontier

Staff member
LOL. It made over a billion dollars. It was more than popular enough. The only major criticism comes from incels. Marvel doesn’t really care about that crowd. Face it, white guys stuck in their basements don’t own nerd culture anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, I think there are some genuine criticisms of the film that have nothing to do with the irrational hate it got online, but it was definitely a financial success.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Even if they go the hero name + subtitle route, wouldn't it still be Hulk + ... if they wanted to be consistent with the standard naming titles most of these movies have relied on thus far? I'm more curious if they're going to stick with just Fantastic Four for the fourth reboot when certain heroes had debut movies with a subtitle.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Even if they go the hero name + subtitle route, wouldn't it still be Hulk + ... if they wanted to be consistent with the standard naming titles most of these movies have relied on thus far? I'm more curious if they're going to stick with just Fantastic Four for the fourth reboot when certain heroes had debut movies with a subtitle.
For Hulk and Fantastic Four, it could be the hero name + subtitle route if Blade is any indication. It started as "Blade" I think then later renamed to "Blade: The Vampire Slayer."

EDIT: They could do a neat homage like "The Fantastic Four!" nodding to the first comic.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I think Greenman was being sarcastic when he made that comment.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts