Dragons: The Nine Realms (Third How To Train Your Dragon Series)

SweetShop209

We will be getting a third How To Train Your Dragon series, which is coming to Hulu and Peacock on December 23. The show is called Dragons: The Nine Realms. It's set 1,300 years after the original continuity. To quote the article: "The dragons are now just a legend to the modern world. When a geological anomaly opens up an immense, miles-deep fissure in the Earth's surface, scientists from all over the world gather at a new research facility to study the mysterious phenomenon. Soon a group of misfit kids, brought to the site by their parents, uncover the truth about dragons and where they've been hiding -- a secret they must keep to themselves to protect what they've discovered."

Jeremy Shada leads the voice cast, and the showrunners are John Tellegen, Chuck Austen, and Henry Gilroy. Ricky Roxburgh is story editor.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
So How to Train Your Dragon in the modern era o_O.

I feel like they're priming this to be their new Trollhunters...

RainbowCupcake

Finish your dessert and like it!!!
At least they're doing something different by changing the time period. I'm curious as to how dragons will fit into the 21st century. Nice to see Jeremy Shada in the lead role. Should be an interesting series if they do it right.

AdrenalineRush1996

So How to Train Your Dragon in the modern era o_O.

I feel like they're priming this to be their new Trollhunters...
Funnily enough, there are nods to HTTYD in said show, though showrunner Aaron Waltke has said that Tales of Arcadia is not set in the same universe as said franchise.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
Hey @Vuxovich, Here is what the Five Anime Distributors would be for the Big 5 Media Conglomerates

Sentai Filmworks would be owned by Disney
Geneon Entertainment would still be owned by Comcast
Funimation would still be owned by Sony
CBSParamount Entertainment Japan would be owned by Verizon
Viz Media would be owned by WarnerMedia
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
Hey Vuxovich, could you imagine if One Piece was dubbed by FUNimation Entertainment from the beginning. Could you also imagine if ViacomCBS competed with Funimation, Sentai Filmworks, Viz Media and Geneon Entertainment.
So for years, I have said omnikron instead of omikron/omicron.
Hungarian voice acting legend Ottó Szokolay would have been 84 this month.
Then something bad is intensifying!

Featured Posts