Ed Asner Dead At 91

RainbowCupcake

Finish your dessert and like it!!!
Oh how awful! I know he was 91, but still very sad. At least he wasn't ill or in pain, from what the article says. I wonder if Dug Days will be considered his final voice role? I was really excited to watch it on Wednesday, but now it's going to be much harder knowing that he's gone.

RIP, sir. Thank you for bringing so many iconic roles to life!

Light Lucario

Staff member
That is such sad news. I know that he was 91, but it was still sad to see the headline when I checked the site earlier today. He was a really talented voice actor. Freakazoid and Gargoyles were some of my favorite shows he was involved in. Interestingly enough, I didn't realize he voiced Hudson from Gargoyles until today. I can usually recognize his voice right away, but I think that the Scottish accent threw me off. Up is one of my favorite Pixar movies and I'm glad that he already recorded his lines for Carl in Dug Days. Hopefully that will be a good way to honor his memory.

I hope that he is at peace and that his family and loved ones will be okay.

DocForbin

I admit I was as surprised as everyone else in regard to Asner's passing. I do wonder, though, if Marvel hired Asner to voice J. Jonah Jameson in the 1990s Spider-Man animated series due to his previously playing Lou Grant? I guess if you can play one cranky newsman, you can play them all. :lol:

But with all due respect, RIP Ed Asner. :(

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Was The Batman meant to be a 3 season show, but then got renewed for 2 more seasons? Thomas Perkins was a character designer for seasons 1-3 before he went to work on Ben 10, and he mentioned being unsure of the show getting renewed at the time.
sb-129 referenced the trump cameo from home alone 2 and no one can convince me otherwise

(for context a future spongebob informs squidward that the time machine is down the hall to the left)

Found this from Reddit. Had to trim the original a bit. And yeah the guy in the 2nd half of this is the new Sokka actor.
20 years ago today, Apple released Mac OS 9.2.2, the very last version of their classic operating system. It would be available on computers as late as mid-2003, whilst Mac OS X (now macOS) up to 10.4.11 had Classic Environment for computers released before the Intel switch in 2006.
Asa
Today would've been the 120th birthday of Walt Disney.

Featured Posts