Favorite and least favorite year for DC animated movies

-batmat-

Just for the fun of it, only counting years that had at least 3 animated movies (and leaving Lego and DC Super Hero Girls movies out, just so some years don't get too many films), which one would you say is your favorite? And which one is your least favorite? Just so it's easier for everyone, I've compiled everything (I think):

2009:
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
2010:
Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths
Batman: Under The Red Hood
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
2011:
All Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman Year One
2012:
Justice League Doom
Superman Vs The Elite
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1
2013:
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2
Superman Unbound
Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox
2014:
JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time
Justice League War
Son of Batman
Batman: Assault On Arkham
2015:
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
Batman vs. Robin
Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts
Justice League: Gods and Monsters
Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem
2016:
Batman: The Killing Joke
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
Batman: Bad Blood
Justice League vs. Teen Titans
2017:
Justice League Dark
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Batman and Harley Quinn
Batman vs. Two-Face
2018:
Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
Batman Ninja
The Death of Superman
2019:
Reign of the Supermen
Justice League vs. the Fatal Five
Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Batman: Hush
Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
2020:
Superman: Red Son
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Superman: Man of Tomorrow
2021:
Batman: Soul of the Dragon
Justice Society: World War II
Batman: The Long Halloween Part One
Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two
Injustice

My picks:

Favorite year: For me, 2010 and 2012 are very close, with 2012 having the best of the bunch (TDKRp1), but 2010 wins with the combo of Crisis On Two Earths and Red Hood, plus the pretty good S/B Apocalypse movie. A third place would go to 2013, with 2 incredible movies (Dark Knight 2 and Flashpoint), sadly Superman Unbound is also there, a movie I don't care about at all, hence the overall 3rd place.

Least favorite year: Tough to decide between 2014 and 2020. Probably would call it a tie. Got dissapointed by most of these.

Interested to see your picks!

Ed Nygma

Hmm... it's all pretty random, but in terms of quality of the ones that happen to just come out in the same year, I guess 2013 as it was one of the only times I not only liked all 3 but thought they had a legitimate reason to exist. I would say no personally to 2010 and 2012, not only because I didn't like Apocalypse or Elite but because both JL were ruined by not using the DCAU designs (that we didn't get anything when those two were sitting there but now The Fatal Five is somehow canon, is just sad). Plus they should've just had the DCAU cast do the voices for Co2E, but didn't because Daly and Conroy were already being used for Public Enemies since Jeph Loeb got it in his head and insisted they do. I would actually rank Apocalypse as one of the worst they've ever done. Replacing Ironside with friggin' Andre Braugher was a travesty.

Least favorite I don't know if I can do in terms of year as there's always at least one good one, but the year that stretched from 2016-2017 where we got Killing Joke and & Harley Quinn in under one year was pretty much the pits. Okay I take it back, Harley Quinn is the worst movie they've done in any iteration of their animation, ever... it's the Rea & Stimpy Adult Party cartoon of the DC oeuvre.

EmaHalJordan

My favorite was 2009!
My choice is not only because I'm a fan of Green Lantern, if Shazam Aquaman or Mister Miracle had been there, it would also be my favorite year. Fortunately, First Flight is also a great movie. Also the first Wonder Woman animated movie which is also one of the best animated movies! Without a doubt it was the best year and now I hope that 2023 will have a varied year like 2009! We are minutes away from knowing the list. =)

The worst year was... 2016!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Wrote a little review for Kids Next Door: Operation Zero today. Quite a nice watch that expanded the universe in fun and interesting ways, as per usual.
Looks like there is some good news!

Asa
I speculate this third pandemic winter could end up being it's very last one, ever (we don't need to have too many).
Went to TGI Friday's for my birthday yesterday. Had a great time there despite the chilly weather in Leicester Square.

Featured Posts