Gary Marsh stepping down from Disney Branded Television, signs multiyear overall deal with Disney

DogBoneController

Longtime Disney Channel head Gary Marsh, who has been with Disney since 1988, is stepping down and transitioning to a producers deal with the company.

He planned to leave circa late 2018 or so, but agreed to stay on through the 21CF merger. Per the source, a replacement is already lined up and will be named shortly, though Marsh will continue to helm Disney Branded Television until the end of the year.

Lots of big changes coming to Disney Channel and Disney TVA now.

jokerbeans2091

Longtime Disney Channel head Gary Marsh, who has been with Disney since 1988, is stepping down and transitioning to a producers deal with the company.

He planned to leave circa late 2018 or so, but agreed to stay on through the 21CF merger. Per the source, a replacement is already lined up and will be named shortly, though Marsh will continue to helm Disney Branded Television until the end of the year.

Lots of big changes coming to Disney Channel and Disney TVA now.

what does this mean for disney channel now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TsWade2

I guess it's the end of Disney Channel. :crying: Oh well, at least I subscribed Disney+.;)

kanc

I don't think it means Disney channel would be ending at least for USA.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I guess it's the end of Disney Channel. :crying: Oh well, at least I subscribed Disney+.;)
If it was finally time for Disney Channel USA (as well as Disney XD USA and Disney Junior USA) to close down, I don't think it would be the end for Disney-produced shows on broadcast/cable TV. Disney could just make shows for third-party networks like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS.

jokerbeans2091

If it was finally time for Disney Channel USA (as well as Disney XD USA and Disney Junior USA) to close down, I don't think it would be the end for Disney-produced shows on broadcast/cable TV. Disney could just make shows for third-party networks like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS.

i don’t think they will do that especially if disney+ exist now.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
i don’t think they will do that especially if disney+ exist now.

Well Disney can't completely abandon making TV shows for broadcast/cable (aside from ABC). They at least should make some new shows for those types of TV in the future when they feel like it's time to close Disney Channel America.

jokerbeans2091

Erased Paper

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Did the forums go into “dark mode” for anyone else?

From their Kickstarter, looks like the revival is all but official
Has it been historically known that Boomerang hasn't been available on Comcast Xfinity in some regions? I have the service, and I was able to get the channel, maybe it was just in different parts of the country.
Obscure action toons to stumble on:
-Egyxos
-AKEDO Ultimate Arcade Warriors
Talk about production issues.

Featured Posts